home opener

A state with an abundant amount of waterfowl. Share with others your New Jersey duck hunting experiences.

Moderators: crewchief252, johnboy07

home opener

Postby crewchief252 » Sat Oct 14, 2006 9:09 pm

Hit Spruce run this am with my son and a friend, fog was so thick we couldn't find our spot, when the fog cleared we werent even close to where we wanted to be, did see any birds, or the decoys much for that matter.
Hit the water gap with my son in the afternoon, saw a few flocks of mallards heading south at mach 3, got one hen woody, still a great day with great hunting partners, sons already trying to make deals with mom for a day off from school for hunting. Hope everyone had a good day on athe water.
Just once i would like to hear you scream in pain !....wanna hear me scream in pain? Play some rap music!
crewchief252
Forum & State Moderator

Postby jsm1977 » Sun Oct 15, 2006 1:59 pm

I was at the gap yesterday evening also. Didn't fire a shot. I had 1 woodie drake buzz me while I was setting out the decoys. I only saw a few other birds, but nothing came within range.
jsm1977
hunter

Postby mtl_duck » Sun Oct 15, 2006 5:44 pm

My buddy and I hunted at Assumpink. Lots of fog. Saw one teal and about 30 ducks in all, mostly woodies. Two came right into our decoys, shot one (male), then just as were packing it in, my buddy went for the canoe and shot another male woodie as he flew over the creek. Will post pics later in the week (disposable camera).

Will try again tomorrow (took the day off work).
duck hunting IS all its quacked-up to be!
mtl_duck
hunter

Postby crewchief252 » Sun Oct 15, 2006 7:28 pm

jsm..... where in the gap were you, did you hear us shoot, around 5;45, just 1 shot though.Just curious, i hunt there alot and almost never see anyone there, but i like that about it, i usually go in the am during the week, going to hit it wed afternoon though with my son, afterschool
Just once i would like to hear you scream in pain !....wanna hear me scream in pain? Play some rap music!
crewchief252
Forum & State Moderator

Postby jsm1977 » Tue Oct 17, 2006 12:54 pm

I went to the poxano launch north of the I80 bridge and then went 1/2 mile north on the river. I heard a fair bit of shooting behind me, but I was off of the river by 5:15. It was my 1st time there in a new boat with an old engine and I didn't want to get stuck after dark.

I went to Spruce Run yesterday (monday) afternoon and didn't see one bird.

I may have work off on Friday. If so, I am heading back to the water gap for the morning.

James
jsm1977
hunter

Return to New Jersey Duck Hunting