Any brave souls hunt Black river sat.?

A state with an abundant amount of waterfowl. Share with others your New Jersey duck hunting experiences.

Moderators: crewchief252, johnboy07

Any brave souls hunt Black river sat.?

Postby njplotts » Sun Oct 15, 2006 6:21 pm

? anyone go there?
I went past & counted 16 cars/trucks at the 3 bridge crossings.
njplotts
hunter

Postby mtl_duck » Mon Oct 23, 2006 11:59 am

Jump hunted woodies in the flooded timber at Black River on Friday afternoon. Flushed up 2 pairs and a singe - shot the single. Lots of work though, the water was knee to waist deep. They're still there, I figure, until the water freezes. It was a pin in the *** getting there after work and before sundown though, lots of traffic on rte 10 from 287. I don;t think I'll be able to go afternoons once daylight savings time kicks in this wknd.

Saw two pickup trucks, probably bowhunters.
duck hunting IS all its quacked-up to be!
mtl_duck
hunter

Postby homefront » Fri Oct 27, 2006 2:36 am

I hunted Black River quite a bit when I lived in Jersey (@10 years ago). You've got to learn the lay-'o-the-land to get at the water where the ducks are, but it can be done with a canoe from the bridge, too. That's the fastest way I know to get to the pond.
homefront
hunter

Went out this morning to scout

Postby mdknoll » Sat Oct 28, 2006 9:33 am

Lots of rain around the Black River. New to the forum and to duck hunting. Tried to do a little jump shooting last year, but had no luck. Took down my first two mallards with a couple buddies on the Delaware south of Trenton on opening day. Looks like a good forum. Being new to the area (living in Peapack now, just down 206 from the Black River), my main concern is not screwing up a hunt for anyone else. So, for the most part I have just been scouting around to get the lay of the land.
mdknoll
Newb

Postby crewchief252 » Sat Oct 28, 2006 2:42 pm

Welcome aboard, glad to have you on the forum
Just once i would like to hear you scream in pain !....wanna hear me scream in pain? Play some rap music!
crewchief252
Forum & State Moderator

Return to New Jersey Duck Hunting