Traveling decoy?

A state with an abundant amount of waterfowl. Share with others your New Jersey duck hunting experiences.

Moderators: crewchief252, johnboy07

Traveling decoy?

Postby Capemaycarver609 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:37 pm

Who wants to set one up? It'd be cool to have one of my decoys float around for a season and come back with a story or two to tell me! :lol3:

Give me some suggestions and I will pick something to carve (try and keep it universal, not everyone hunts mallards). I'll hunt over it opening day then mail it out to the next guy! Come on, lets get it goin!
you want good looking decoys, most of the dumb ducks are dead
Capemaycarver609
hunter

Re: Traveling decoy?

Postby olclamman » Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:19 am

check the announcement section there is a traveling decoy all ready contact the starter of the post
retired less money more wife
olclamman
hunter

Postby Capemaycarver609 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:44 am

I know there already is one but I'd like to see one of my own decoys go around!
I will contact him and see if he'd like a new carver this year
Capemaycarver609
hunter

Postby olclamman » Sun Aug 04, 2013 4:22 pm

why one yours not mine or joe or billy bob it seems you are trying to promote your own stuff and yes I do -- did cave
balsa cork cedar don't mean to rock your boat but
olclamman
hunter

Postby Capemaycarver609 » Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:30 pm

...what all I want to do is send out a decoy I've carved and see where it ends up. No negativity or promotion intended. I'm an 18 yr old kid trying to do some new things with duck hunting that's it and that's all. Not trying to sell anything or offend anybody.

Seems like this website is a lot of cliques and not very welcoming to young people/new posters.
I don't really understand the carving cork part or racking my boat part
Capemaycarver609
hunter

Postby olclamman » Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:52 pm

what I meant about about that I have carved cork as far ROCKIN YOUR BOAT that's an old saying when you up set
some one - but It seems to me you were coming on a little strong with some of your posts me me me
olclamman
hunter

Postby FowlHooked » Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:26 pm

EASY boys!! Do it up, send it out. I carve too n sounds cool to hear stories where it went.
Fowl Hooked Waterfowling on Facebook
FowlHooked
hunter

Postby FFT » Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:11 pm

Swan, and yes I am serious.
FFT
hunter

Postby Capemaycarver609 » Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:59 pm

Thanks for the interest guys! To the previous posters I truly am sorry after this ill stop talking about DUCK decoys on DUCK hunting chat.

A swan would be a really interesting traveling decoy. I'd be interested in doing it, it's just that it may be harder for people to ship. I've been on a real carving frenzy if that matters to anybody and I think a goldeneye would be sweet since they've been shot in almost all environments but a swan could also be fun!

We will be organizing the travels this decoy will make and most likely the type of waterfowl it should be at the cape may county du hunters party. Let me know some new suggestions!
Capemaycarver609
hunter

Postby FFT » Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:08 am

Can you carve a 'Man' decoy? I have been hauling a mannequin I stole from macy's out into the marsh for decades, it has become water-logged and down right beat up. I dress the mannequin up in mossy oak clothes and plant it right in the middle of my decoys. This is easily the best decoy I own, as it brings weary blackducks and mallards right into shooting distance. I tried the mannequin with a fake shotgun slung over its shoulder but the birds flared at 80 yds. If you could also carve one that appears to be "taking a leak" I suspect that would be the best possibily.
FFT
hunter

Postby dgram36 » Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:01 pm

FFT wrote:Can you carve a 'Man' decoy? I have been hauling a mannequin I stole from macy's out into the marsh for decades, it has become water-logged and down right beat up. I dress the mannequin up in mossy oak clothes and plant it right in the middle of my decoys. This is easily the best decoy I own, as it brings weary blackducks and mallards right into shooting distance. I tried the mannequin with a fake shotgun slung over its shoulder but the birds flared at 80 yds. If you could also carve one that appears to be "taking a leak" I suspect that would be the best possibily.

LMFAO :D
dgram36
hunter

Postby mmmx » Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:53 am

Good stuff....thanks.
mmmx
hunter

Return to New Jersey Duck Hunting