Hunting South Jersey / legal Question

A state with an abundant amount of waterfowl. Share with others your New Jersey duck hunting experiences.

Moderators: crewchief252, johnboy07

Hunting South Jersey / legal Question

Postby stevez » Mon Oct 23, 2006 6:20 pm

Hey fellow waterfowlers! I'm kinda new to waterfowling but haven't been doing too bad these past 2 years. This year I rebuilt a 14 foot boat from a garage sale and would love to try hunting the maurice river in New Jersey. This might be a dumb question but I just can't find the answer ANYWHERE I've searched. I want to launch out of Millville and head down-stream 2 or 3 miles looking for duck/geese/what-have-you. Is it LEGAL to hunt the marshes along the Maurice river since it is tidal water, or is hunting restricted due to any town limits? Please don't blast me...I just want to do the right thing and avoid troubles.
stevez
hunter

Postby crewchief252 » Mon Oct 23, 2006 7:01 pm

Best thng to do is find out what townships you'll be in, and check with them for restrictions, i hunt mostly up north, so i am not familiar with those areas, but there are a few guys on here from down that way, hopefully they will post up some info for you
Just once i would like to hear you scream in pain !....wanna hear me scream in pain? Play some rap music!
crewchief252
Forum & State Moderator

Postby jcoastie7 » Wed Oct 25, 2006 3:39 pm

I have wanted to do the same thing. I think it is legal but not sure. I know I have seen plenty of people do it
jcoastie7
hunter

Postby stevez » Wed Oct 25, 2006 5:21 pm

Well we went for a river boat ride today. The banks are indeed dotted with no-trespassing signs and boundary signage from the Nature Conservatory. There were certainly ducks and even a few geese but everything was very very high and in a really big hurry. Did see one other boat dressed in camo but they were heading back in to the dock. Anyone ever hunt this area? Anyone willing to share a few words of advice on the best approach to the situation? How about a combined learning experience?
stevez
hunter

Postby sjtealhunter » Sun Oct 29, 2006 12:41 pm

if you put yourself in at Port Elizabeth and follow the Manumuskin Creek out to the river and head right back toward millville for one turn there is a ditch that is on the left hand side about half way up the bend if you tuck you boat back in there where the ditch y's off you should have plenty of ducks to shoot at. I only hunted that area in the late season so i am not sure how it is now. good luck.
i don't eat vegetables -- vegetables are what food eats.
sjtealhunter
hunter

Postby stevez » Sun Oct 29, 2006 3:06 pm

Now that is a tip I must take. Im just finishing up a folding blind I made for my boat and I'm anxious to try it out (I'll probably sink). Thankyou again fellow Jersey duck-hunter!
stevez
hunter

Postby Tack in NJ » Thu Nov 16, 2006 11:25 am

Just watch the rocks when ya put your boat in. My buddies Dad put a hole in his boat there at low tide lotsa rock from the brige building. Also where te creek meets the river there are some stumps to watch out for. It is a close put in point for some good hunting but take it slow till you know the water
Tack in NJ
hunter

Return to New Jersey Duck Hunting