Did 100mph winds affect anyone??

A state with an abundant amount of waterfowl. Share with others your New Jersey duck hunting experiences.

Moderators: crewchief252, johnboy07

Did 100mph winds affect anyone??

Postby HighBaller » Sat Oct 28, 2006 9:18 pm

Hey, I'm new to this forum guys...just wanted to say whats up and see how everyone did today. I went out for a few hours this afternoon. I had my dad paddle the canoe while i was shooting from the front. Worked out alright, jumped a few woodies, ended up with 2. Any bird flying over was gone in a second. Hard to shoot at them.
HighBaller
hunter

Postby dirtyj » Sun Oct 29, 2006 6:23 am

I dove hunted and when they when down wind they were supersonic. I don't think my shot traveled as fast as they were moving.
dirtyj
hunter

Postby crewchief252 » Sun Oct 29, 2006 6:31 am

We took 2 kids down to Raritan bay for youth day, birds were everywhere and they were flying, kids each shot a box of shells, unfortunetly, they didn't hit any but they still had a blast, saw lots of blackies, buffs, and a few flocks of brant
Just once i would like to hear you scream in pain !....wanna hear me scream in pain? Play some rap music!
crewchief252
Forum & State Moderator

Postby DeerMan » Sun Oct 29, 2006 11:06 pm

Probly wasnt the smartest thing to go out in the 30-40 mile wind but I tried it sat am, very rough boat ride but we made to the ditch in one peice, ducks flew very well but out poor shooting limited the take, that wind really made it hard to hit those teal,lol.
Life is good over the decoys!
DeerMan
hunter

Postby jomachn3 » Mon Oct 30, 2006 6:52 am

Felt like I was in a costal zone hunt for broadbills in a little creek. Had a few shots nothing more. Birds were flying all afternoon. The funniest thing was watching the geese fly. For every couple of hundred yards they went straight , it seemed that the wind pushed them back 600 yds!
jomachn3
hunter

Postby Modified_Choking » Mon Oct 30, 2006 5:38 pm

Gave it a whirl on Cheesequake Creek. Lots of Black duck, a few hen mallards and one lone bluebill were in the area. Had a parade of Canada's swim past; go figure - closed season. All in all only one Black in the bag; the wind, rain and too many bulky clothes did affect our shots. Nonetheless it was fun.
I'm talkin bout the Lifestyle of the not so rich and famous.
Modified_Choking
hunter

Return to New Jersey Duck Hunting