Migration?

A state with an abundant amount of waterfowl. Share with others your New Jersey duck hunting experiences.

Moderators: crewchief252, johnboy07

Migration?

Postby HighBaller » Mon Oct 30, 2006 8:10 pm

Hey,
When can we expect migrating ducks to start moving through the area. I went this weekend not far the the Delaware river and it just seemed like it was just residents. Just wondering if there was a certain time when you really see numbers of birds moving through.
HighBaller
hunter

Postby crewchief252 » Mon Oct 30, 2006 9:34 pm

depends on the weather up north, the species, etc.etc, woodies and teal have been here awhile already, i have seen more woodies this year than i have in a long time, but they should be moving out soon, some places the teal are already disappearing, in my experience, weather is the biggest factor, last year the bluebills didn't show up in great numbers until the season was over, because it was too warm, and this years winter doesn't look much better
Just once i would like to hear you scream in pain !....wanna hear me scream in pain? Play some rap music!
crewchief252
Forum & State Moderator

Postby mtl_duck » Fri Nov 17, 2006 3:30 pm

Woodies are all gone, it seems. Mainly mallards and teal now; shot two of the former and one of the latter this morning... :tounge:
duck hunting IS all its quacked-up to be!
mtl_duck
hunter

Postby Tack in NJ » Sat Nov 18, 2006 8:26 am

still got woodies here. went out this am and managed to get one saw plenty more. Waiting for the mallards to come down tho
Tack in NJ
hunter

Return to New Jersey Duck Hunting