Raritan Bay

A state with an abundant amount of waterfowl. Share with others your New Jersey duck hunting experiences.

Moderators: crewchief252, johnboy07

Raritan Bay

Postby crewchief252 » Sat Nov 25, 2006 6:05 pm

Hit the bay with my son today, saw tons of birds, 100's of broadies, a few mergs, lots of buffs, and even had 3 scoters pass thru the deeks, unfortunetly, we were set up in the wrong spot, and had very little come in, ended up with 1 buff
Just once i would like to hear you scream in pain !....wanna hear me scream in pain? Play some rap music!
crewchief252
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Scatterman » Tue Nov 28, 2006 5:10 pm

Hi Chief,

That must have been your trailer up against the railing. It was there when I got there and there when I left.

I was set up just off the entrance bouy to the harbor. Lots of shooting and boy were we off. Missed plenty of buffs, a few blacks and eight (three flocks) of old squaw. Ended up with only a few buffies.

The early season rust really showed on Saturday. Looking forward to things heating up (or should I say cooling down) in the bay with the broadies. They were piling in all morning out in the middle. We should try to meet up one day for a hunt down there. Plenty of room in my boat if you ever need a ride.
Scatterman
hunter

Postby crewchief252 » Tue Nov 28, 2006 7:41 pm

Yea, if it was a red pick up , that was me, i know what you mean, i just finally started hitting well about a week or so ago. Looking forward to a good day tomorrow with the SE wind, heading out to where all those broadies been flying, been waychibg them out there for 3 weeks now, time to stop messing around. Hope to get my 2 blues, and maybe an old sqauw. Thanks for the invite, will definately keep it in mind.
Just once i would like to hear you scream in pain !....wanna hear me scream in pain? Play some rap music!
crewchief252
Forum & State Moderator

Return to New Jersey Duck Hunting