jersey shore hunting

A state with an abundant amount of waterfowl. Share with others your New Jersey duck hunting experiences.

Moderators: crewchief252, johnboy07

jersey shore hunting

Postby ed wells » Sun Nov 26, 2006 3:29 pm

any one killing ducks down the shore yet . i hunt down towards tuckerton later in the season but never hunted there this early
ed wells
hunter

Postby crewchief252 » Sun Nov 26, 2006 6:16 pm

My son and i hunt Raritan bay alot, we have been getting some buffs, and a few brant during the first split, was there on sat and saw a ton of broadies, they were just staying a little further out than we were, going on wed in the layout, and heading out to where they were, hopefully get my 2, saw some old squaws on sat also, and even 3 scoters, which is a first in there for me, we also had the boys down there for youth day, and they did a lot of shooting, lots of blacks, and mergs, so far this season, i think there are more birds there already, than there were last year late in the season :
Just once i would like to hear you scream in pain !....wanna hear me scream in pain? Play some rap music!
crewchief252
Forum & State Moderator

Postby ed wells » Sun Nov 26, 2006 7:53 pm

THAT SOUNDS PRETTY GOOD FOR THIS EARLY IN THE SEASON.IM LOOKING FOR SOME COLDER WEATHER BUT I DONT THINK I WILL BE ABLE TO HOLD OUT MUCH LONGER.
THANKS FOR THE INFO, GOOD HUNTING!!!!!!!!!!!!
ed wells
hunter

Postby crewchief252 » Sun Nov 26, 2006 9:01 pm

Yea, i am really surprised at the amount of ducks around already, especially after last season, if we get some cold weather, it should be an awesome season.

Just once i would like to hear you scream in pain !....wanna hear me scream in pain? Play some rap music!
crewchief252
Forum & State Moderator

down the shore

Postby emptyshells » Thu Nov 30, 2006 7:39 am

My son and I hunted Manahawkin on opening day and saw a lot of birds. However the area was over hunted. I hunt off of Tuckerton all through out the season and find the shooting very good, especially on rainy days. The one thing Great Bay offers is a morning shoot and a evening shoot if you are willing to hang around long enough. A lot of birds come back to roost in the marsh. :getdown:
Lock and load, them rock'em!
emptyshells
hunter

Postby ed wells » Thu Nov 30, 2006 11:40 am

im actually heading to tuckerton this weekend .how has the hunting been there? i got skunked at the maurice river today,not many birds. :thumbsdown:
ed wells
hunter

Return to New Jersey Duck Hunting