hunting reports on the maurice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A state with an abundant amount of waterfowl. Share with others your New Jersey duck hunting experiences.

Moderators: crewchief252, johnboy07

hunting reports on the maurice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Postby ed wells » Wed Nov 29, 2006 3:55 pm

heading to the maurice river tommorow any good reports.in the mood for a little gun smoke. its a little warm but i want some ducks and geese!!!!!
any info would be great.
ed wells
hunter

Postby Tack in NJ » Wed Nov 29, 2006 4:33 pm

I hunted Union Lake tonight and saw quite a few ducks flying high and heading for the river. Had 3 Woodies buzz the boat but wouldn't commit.

Looks like the river is the place to be.
Tack in NJ
hunter

Postby ed wells » Wed Nov 29, 2006 6:37 pm

thanks for the info never hunted union lake, is it any good? i heard it gets choked with hunters.
ed wells
hunter

Postby Tack in NJ » Wed Nov 29, 2006 9:27 pm

Weekends can get crowded but during the week I am usually the only hunter on the lake just gotta contend with the fisherman on nice days.
Tack in NJ
hunter

Postby ed wells » Thu Nov 30, 2006 11:48 am

i hunted the river this morning and came up short ,not many birds there at all. need some colder weather to get things rolling.im going to try hunting down the shore,maybe i will get lucky.
ed wells
hunter

Postby stevez » Thu Nov 30, 2006 4:38 pm

I occasionally hunt ol Union lake and can confirm that it can be very popular. It's a pretty good place to find a few early resident geese but it slows down quickly as the pressure increases. Fisherman are usually present and sometimes indifferent of fishing right in your spread. If you get upset easily, this is not the place for you.
As for the maurice....there were plenty of ducks there a few weeks ago but it was colder than and rather stormy when I was there.
stevez
hunter

Return to New Jersey Duck Hunting