September Goose Updates

A state with an abundant amount of waterfowl. Share with others your New Jersey duck hunting experiences.

Moderators: crewchief252, johnboy07

September Goose Updates

Postby Wallew » Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:02 pm

I got back into waterfowl hunting last season after about a 15 year absence. I am officially hooked. Did ok last season but have high hopes for this season. I watched this forum most of last season and figured I might as well sign up.

I was wondering how everyone has been doing so far. I have been out 3 times so far in south Jersey . Skunked once, three geese on the second trip and one on the last. I would probably have more if I was a better shot.

I mostly hunt over water. On my trips out so far I have seen loads of puddle ducks. Hopefully they are still around in large numbers in October.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg
Wallew
hunter

Re: September Goose Updates

Postby Quackerbarrel » Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:01 pm

I kind of switched things up this season and got more into bow hunting but I did go out opening day and scratched 3 out in the afternoon within the last few minutes of shooting time, I have been noticing more and more geese and if you have a roosting spot over water you will be set. I saw my first flock of high flying migrating ducks also, got me really exited. I'm I'm central NJ so that's were I'm getting this info, goodluck.
Quackerbarrel
hunter

Postby papageno » Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:38 am

Thanks for the pics.... With dberry no longer around, we need some more early goose reports for inspiration!
papageno
hunter

Postby Wallew » Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:03 pm

Out again after work tonight. I only had one pair come in before legal shooting light ended. Pulled one out. The close to full moon killed me tonight. It was so bright that other than the two, nothing came in until I was picking the decoys up and it was too late.

Not many ducks flying tonight either.

It is nice to finally not have to hose myself down with deep woods off, to keep the mosquitos away. Gotta love the change in weather.
Attachments
image.jpg
Wallew
hunter

Postby Wallew » Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:41 am

I've been really busy lately with work and had trouble getting out.

I played a little hooky and came in late today because my neighbor offered to take me out to this corn field he has permission to hunt in Gloucester County. It got cut in the beginning of the week.

We got 15 geese in two hours between the two of us and I still made it into work by 9:30. One was a Canada/white farm goose hybrid. It was speckled with orange legs. It was bigger than the Canada's and goofy looking.

Hope everyone is able to get out and take advantage of the September season. I'm sure your all chomping at the bit for duck to open next month like me.
Attachments
image.jpg
Wallew
hunter

Postby DEDuck34 » Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:34 pm

Congrats on the success man! Keep it up! Yea can't wait for ducks and regular goose season!
DEDuck34
hunter

Return to New Jersey Duck Hunting