Stranded Idiots

A state with an abundant amount of waterfowl. Share with others your New Jersey duck hunting experiences.

Moderators: crewchief252, johnboy07

Stranded Idiots

Postby shoremen44 » Tue Dec 12, 2006 2:46 pm

Anyone hear about the 5 idiots who got stranded in the mrash last week...

apparently 5 of our fellow bretheren went out in a boat (that is too small for 5 guys), the motor quit on them. They tried to fix it, but were unable.

so most of us who carry a radio and/or a cell would call for help...

wouldn't you know... none of them had a radio or a cell... and they only had one flare

after being in the marsh for 21 hours the coast gaurd finally cam and picked up the frozen guys

Way to go fellas... it takes talent to be that stupid
shoremen44
hunter

Postby njplotts » Tue Dec 12, 2006 4:58 pm

Seen the story on NJ news.
Thining the head of the weak & stupid LOL
njplotts
hunter

Reply to the "idoit comment"

Postby duckmudd » Thu Dec 14, 2006 7:04 pm

Not sure where you got your story unless your another person who gets lead by the sensationalized media. I do know the guide who got stranded and yes he broke down and was attempting to fix his motor with his mechanic on the cell phone and batteries died.

He is a good quality person and I am sure the party he had with him are all good people and sportsmen. I have duck hunted over 25 years and problems can arise dont say never. If you never had a problem consider yourself lucky. Dont be so harsh, He and his former partner are not only some of the best waterfowlers jersey has but definitely two fine people

And if anyone really knows what im writing we will always miss one of them. Im glad my friend and all his guests are well and know I will always be there if he ever needs help. No idiots when your duck hunting lots can go wrong with the most experienced.

Show some compassion and say maybe your glad their safe, I will always help a fellow hunter or boater.

Duckmudd
Seaville, NJ
duckmudd
Newb

Postby duckblind » Fri Dec 15, 2006 2:50 pm

i agree you just never know. Thank God there ok.
duckblind
Newb

Postby njplotts » Fri Dec 15, 2006 4:10 pm

The reporter went on to say NONE of the hunters had a radio/cell phone.
Well I been duck hunting for 35 yrs & I know things happen. SO BE READY!!!!!!
My first post I was J/K because I knew things turned out well.
Now imagine if one of the clients needed medication of some kind. Your buddy is required to have a radio in a commercially operated boat. Your buddy put EVERYONE at risk!!! If he guides/charter on water he should have a Captains lic correct? Has the clients stranded for 21 hrs. filed a law suit yet? Hope they take his lic! NO EXCUSE
njplotts
hunter

Postby shoremen44 » Fri Dec 22, 2006 12:25 pm

I agree with njplotts... we wre all joking beacuse no one got hurt... but he also right that you need to be ready for anything... the weather has been mild... what if it started snowing and the temp dropped... there could be some serious issues.

I am sure your buddy is great guy, but it sounds to me like the boat was already overloaded (5 guys, how big is that boat)... and despite how great a guy he was, they were still stranded for 21 hours.

enough said.
shoremen44
hunter

Return to New Jersey Duck Hunting