Raritan bay

A state with an abundant amount of waterfowl. Share with others your New Jersey duck hunting experiences.

Moderators: crewchief252, johnboy07

Raritan bay

Postby crewchief252 » Thu Dec 14, 2006 6:09 pm

hit the bay this morning, birds everywhere, lots of old squaws and broadies, some scoters, mergs, and buffs as always, got a few, then figured out my barrel has a curve in it, no wonder i didn't get that many. LOL, also was using defective steel, short range stuff
Just once i would like to hear you scream in pain !....wanna hear me scream in pain? Play some rap music!
crewchief252
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Phil Eager » Fri Dec 15, 2006 8:02 am

so the scooters are still up there. I was talking to a friend of mine who clams west of the navel pier and not much showing by the way of old squaw. Scattered flocks of broadies, Too warm for to long. We need some cold. Were you out wednesday set up off east p[oint. I could see a rig from the overlook. Have you been down towrds the pier and Union Beach yet? That usually holds some.
Phil Eager
hunter

Postby crewchief252 » Fri Dec 15, 2006 8:34 am

No, i was out there yesterday, was about a mile off cliffwood beach, straight out, then moved in off the point on cliffwood about 10;00, most of the squaws were coming from the river side and going in and out of the cove at keyport, same with the broadies, every flock i had come thru the blocks came from the cove, scoters came from the river side also, only saw 1 small flock of those, maybe 30 birds, but i was picking up, and the gun was cased, which sucked, because 2 broke off and came within 30 feet of me, will probably be back out there monday, but i'm taking the layout boat this time.
Just once i would like to hear you scream in pain !....wanna hear me scream in pain? Play some rap music!
crewchief252
Forum & State Moderator

Postby tapera » Fri Dec 15, 2006 12:51 pm

beautiful birds, john! that b-bill is awesome!
tapera
hunter

Return to New Jersey Duck Hunting