Government Shutdown

A state with an abundant amount of waterfowl. Share with others your New Jersey duck hunting experiences.

Moderators: crewchief252, johnboy07

Government Shutdown

Postby xxDuckWildxx » Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:51 pm

Is the government good for anything? I'm fuming right now, I just got an email from Field and Stream magazine telling about how the government shutdown will affect sportsmen. It says that as a result of the shutdown all federally owned lands will be closed. BS, I thought. There's no way they could even enforce it if it were true since all non-essential government ops are shut down. WRONG. I pulled up the Department of the Interior website and it expressly says hunting and fishing are no longer permitted on federal lands during the shutdown, however law enforcement will NOT be shut down. This should be a crime, we've already paid for these lands with our tax and duck stamp dollars and we don't need to pay anybody to hold our hands while we're accessing these lands. What a friggin' joke!
"To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical"-Thomas Jefferson
xxDuckWildxx
hunter

Re: Government Shutdown

Postby Tika270 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:40 pm

Yet these jerks still get paid up on the hill.
Tika270
hunter

Re: Government Shutdown

Postby Quackerbarrel » Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:02 pm

What really sucks is all the money we pay each year for licenses and permits and the refuges and federal land is closed, I heard they somehow are having more CO's payroll these areas looking for "trespassers" and giving tickets to those hunting,fishing,bird watching,hiking,ect.
Who's mating for the extra officers to payroll these shutdown areas looking for now "trespassers" it's rediculous!
Quackerbarrel
hunter

Return to New Jersey Duck Hunting