Raritan Bay

A state with an abundant amount of waterfowl. Share with others your New Jersey duck hunting experiences.

Moderators: crewchief252, johnboy07

Raritan Bay

Postby crewchief252 » Mon Dec 18, 2006 5:29 pm

Hit the bay with a friend this morning, had a ball as usual, lots of broadbills, they were just faster than the steel we were using. But we did manage 3 buffs, and 3 old squaws, going again saturday with my son, and faster steel for the broadies. Everyone have a great holiday. :thumbsup:

Just once i would like to hear you scream in pain !....wanna hear me scream in pain? Play some rap music!
crewchief252
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Modified_Choking » Tue Dec 19, 2006 12:01 am

Man those Oldsquaw are cool. Nice. I hit Cheesequake Creek last week on 2 occassions. Did well. A couple Black Ducks and a Canadian Goose.

Say, Crewchief...how do you post pics. Never done it but it would be nice to share some pics too. (Give me a good excuse to use the camera) Are there directions somewhere?
I'm talkin bout the Lifestyle of the not so rich and famous.
Modified_Choking
hunter

Postby jerseywaterfowler » Tue Dec 19, 2006 7:34 am

Nice hunt crew.
Where in cheesequake can ya hunt? I have seen off the GSP people hunting but did not know if it was allowed.
Fitz
jerseywaterfowler
hunter

Postby crewchief252 » Tue Dec 19, 2006 8:13 am

to post pics, go to photobucket.com and download your pics to that site ( it's free), then go to the bottom line of info under the pic, and copy and paste it to a post on here, once you do it ., it's easy, Lets see those pics
Just once i would like to hear you scream in pain !....wanna hear me scream in pain? Play some rap music!
crewchief252
Forum & State Moderator

Postby tapera » Tue Dec 19, 2006 12:19 pm

thanks, john, for taking me on my first diver hunt. had a ball, and hope you and your son do well saturday.
tapera
hunter

Postby crewchief252 » Tue Dec 19, 2006 2:18 pm

Anytime Nick, enjoyed the company, maybe next time we can get you first broadbill
crewchief252
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Modified_Choking » Tue Dec 19, 2006 9:44 pm

Where in Cheesequake Creek do I hunt? Honestly this answer will really sound like I'm a wiseguy (I am)...the answer is...in Cheesequake Creek. There is plenty of open water and plenty of marsh buffering from "occupied structures" as I believe the regulation states. We just make sure to stay well south of the Parkway. But, when entering from the Bay you have to time your entry/exit with the tide because the NJ Transit Train line runs through there.

Thanx for the info on how to post Pics.
I'm talkin bout the Lifestyle of the not so rich and famous.
Modified_Choking
hunter

Return to New Jersey Duck Hunting