Fri afternoon hunt Navisink

A state with an abundant amount of waterfowl. Share with others your New Jersey duck hunting experiences.

Moderators: crewchief252, johnboy07

Fri afternoon hunt Navisink

Postby jerseywaterfowler » Fri Dec 22, 2006 6:11 pm

Well, to say it was a slow day at work would be a understatement. Got home at 1pm and with a low tide at 3:30 grabed the gear, (dekes, gun, shells, canoe and two fired up boys) and went to the lower Navisink. Not much flying a few Brant some Blacks. Missed a Brant at 30 yards, hit him solid but he kept going. Missed clean on the follow up shots. Santa is coming:tu and with next week off plan on getting some more hunting in with the boys. After that start getting out myself and burn up my use or lose vacation time.
Fitz
jerseywaterfowler
hunter

Postby crewchief252 » Fri Dec 22, 2006 7:48 pm

Anyday out with the boys is a good day spent, taking my son out tomorrow, rain and wind be damned, real duck hunting weather, heading for the bay.
Just once i would like to hear you scream in pain !....wanna hear me scream in pain? Play some rap music!
crewchief252
Forum & State Moderator

Postby jerseywaterfowler » Sat Dec 23, 2006 10:47 am

Crew, do me a solid and send some of them bluebills over the hills to the navisink, an't seen one all fall. The big bay is to rough for a canoe.
Fitz
jerseywaterfowler
hunter

Postby crewchief252 » Sat Dec 23, 2006 3:42 pm

JWF, was out there this morning, not as much action as i have been getting there, let my kid do most of the shooting, he's getting really frustrated, not hitting anything, finally had one land in the deeks, he goes to stand up and his lic caught on the boat blind and he couldn't stand up, going to try to get him back down there once or twice this coming week, Saw alot of buffs and squaws, but only a doz or so broadies, don't know where they dissapeared to, fair amount of brant too. a GREAT HOLIDAY TO YOU AND YOUR FAMILY
Did see some other guy's out there today, 3 guys in a tender and layout, and someone was doing some shooting early over on union beach
Just once i would like to hear you scream in pain !....wanna hear me scream in pain? Play some rap music!
crewchief252
Forum & State Moderator

Postby jerseywaterfowler » Sat Dec 23, 2006 8:31 pm

Not as easy as people think shooting ducks, at least ya taught your son proper firearms control. Odd things can happen when your excited and frustrated with firearm in your hand and they are usually not good. He should be proud that no accidental discharge took place.
Fitz
jerseywaterfowler
hunter

Return to New Jersey Duck Hunting