Fri morning on the navisink

A state with an abundant amount of waterfowl. Share with others your New Jersey duck hunting experiences.

Moderators: crewchief252, johnboy07

Fri morning on the navisink

Postby jerseywaterfowler » Fri Dec 29, 2006 2:05 pm

Using up some use or lose vaction time, took my brother in-law, and two sons out on the navisink for a low tide morning hunt. Banged one brant, my brother in-law missed a few others and was behind on two mergies. Not much flying, saw one black that turned toward the dekes but would not come close enough for a shot, lazily circled outside a few times then moved on. Did see a jon boat dressed up with a blind built right on top. Very impresed with that set up.Hope this picture thing works.

Fitz
jerseywaterfowler
hunter

Postby crewchief252 » Fri Dec 29, 2006 6:04 pm

Awesome pics, nothing like that smile on their faces. We hit the bay this morning, missed a beautiful pair of broadies that came right thru the deeks, son missed a bunch, we had brant all over the place , but just out of range, was going to bring brant deeks but figured i already had enough on the boat, hindsight right?, also saw alot of mergs, and squaws, but next time i am bringing the brant deeks, want to get out a few more times before it over. Happy New Year to you and your family.
Just once i would like to hear you scream in pain !....wanna hear me scream in pain? Play some rap music!
crewchief252
Forum & State Moderator

Postby barngeatbayman » Fri Dec 29, 2006 6:46 pm

was out scounting on the sister river saw alot of NOTHING. Real disappointing trip. Hunting tommorow AM and I m not hunting there because I could already tell you the outcome.

keep swinging
barngeatbayman
hunter

Postby jerseywaterfowler » Sat Dec 30, 2006 11:17 am

Ya went for bagles this morning in Rumson, stoped by the dock area. The usually gagle of mallards looking for bread, one cross bred/hybred black mallard kind of cool to look at and low and behold a lone bluebill, lesser. Other wise very quite on the river.
Fitz
jerseywaterfowler
hunter

Postby barngeatbayman » Sun Dec 31, 2006 9:10 am

hunted down in great bay didnt see the number of bills, brant and black you should normally see at this time of year.

keep swinging
happy New Year
barngeatbayman
hunter

Return to New Jersey Duck Hunting