Raritan Bay

A state with an abundant amount of waterfowl. Share with others your New Jersey duck hunting experiences.

Moderators: crewchief252, johnboy07

Raritan Bay

Postby crewchief252 » Sat Dec 30, 2006 11:17 pm

Hit the bay on thurs with my son and his friend and dad, saw alot of buffs, mergs and squaws, some broadies too, had a broadie doing touch and go's in the deeks before we were loaded up, isn't that always the way, let the boys do all the shooting, they missed most, but the good news is the other boy got his first duck, hen buff, he was so thrilled he was ready to leave right then so he could go home and show it off to his younger brothers.
Went again on fri with my son and HUNT1940, His first duck hunt ever, saw alot of birds, we missed a beautiful shot at some drake broadies, had a fgew shots at brant and mergs, same again, letting my son and HUNT do most of the shooting, ( If i don't shoot , i can't miss ) Hunt got his first also. Didn't see the big rafts of broadies i have been seeing, but didn't go out as far as i have been. Either way a fun cou[ple of days on the water as always with my number #1 hunting partner.
Sittting at work right now missing a major league family Christmas party, with my brother down from NY, but my son just called to rub my nose in the fact that my brother gave him a dozen broadbill deeks for christmas, I told him he could put them in the bag with mine, No he said, they are mine, i will get my own bag, 12 yrs old and i guess he thinks he's one of the duck commanders.
Everyone have a great and SAFE new years, see you on the water. CrewImage
Just once i would like to hear you scream in pain !....wanna hear me scream in pain? Play some rap music!
crewchief252
Forum & State Moderator

congrats on a good day

Postby pintail2 » Wed Jan 03, 2007 2:06 am

yea i was out of barnegat today down off lbi north of the lbi bridge got hooded merganzers male buff need one to get mounted haha and couple blacks wind was wipping hard good luck on ur nexed hunt
pintail2
hunter

Return to New Jersey Duck Hunting