Raritan bay

A state with an abundant amount of waterfowl. Share with others your New Jersey duck hunting experiences.

Moderators: crewchief252, johnboy07

Raritan bay

Postby crewchief252 » Sun Jan 07, 2007 7:45 am

Hit the bay yesteray morning with my son and my dad, very disappointing, saw some buffs, a few mergs, a few broadies off in the distance, lots of brant but we were in deeper water, so they werent coming anywhere near us, and don't know where the squaws went, set up the long lines where i have been seeing them all over for the last few weeks, then not a one in sight yesterday, will head back out on wed and go searching, heard they might be up near Keansburg. Saw a few other guy's heading out n the morning, but heard very little shooting. Did have a CO waiting at the ramp when we got in, checked us for lic, shells , guns, but very nice guy, just doing his job, took 2 minutes then we was on his way, was in no hutty anyway, when i got there in the morning noticed i was loosing a bearing on the trailer, so had to change that anyway, when we got back.
Just once i would like to hear you scream in pain !....wanna hear me scream in pain? Play some rap music!
crewchief252
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Modified_Choking » Sun Jan 07, 2007 2:03 pm

As you could probably tell, I was out there as well. We were in the creek between Keyport and Union Beach. Could have had Black duck as usual but, would have had to break the law to do so. They always fly right over just minutes before legal time.

Later we moved over to the Cliffw. Rocks about 9am. Set up 2 strings of divers and sat on them for about an hour. Saw two small flocks of BB but they were further up towards S.Amboy. Upon picking up had Brant fly over but we weren't ready.

Had a Grebe poking around our dekes and plenty of seagulls that's about it.
I'm talkin bout the Lifestyle of the not so rich and famous.
Modified_Choking
hunter

Postby jomachn3 » Sun Jan 07, 2007 4:22 pm

Did any of you guys ever try hunting from the lighthouses off of s.amboy? I use to go there and did pretty good
jomachn3
hunter

Postby crewchief252 » Sun Jan 07, 2007 6:01 pm

Modified_Choking wrote:As you could probably tell, I was out there as well. We were in the creek between Keyport and Union Beach. Could have had Black duck as usual but, would have had to break the law to do so. They always fly right over just minutes before legal time.

Later we moved over to the Cliffw. Rocks about 9am. Set up 2 strings of divers and sat on them for about an hour. Saw two small flocks of BB but they were further up towards S.Amboy. Upon picking up had Brant fly over but we weren't ready.

Had a Grebe poking around our dekes and plenty of seagulls that's about it.

You should have come over and said hello, that was us out in the middle, we sure werent doing anything, and we packed up around 9 or so, going back wed and thurs, wed i will be searching, want to find where all the squaws went. Thurs looks like light winds so i will probably take the layout and head way out, mile or so, where the broadies have been rafting up.
Just once i would like to hear you scream in pain !....wanna hear me scream in pain? Play some rap music!
crewchief252
Forum & State Moderator

Return to New Jersey Duck Hunting