Raritan Bay

A state with an abundant amount of waterfowl. Share with others your New Jersey duck hunting experiences.

Moderators: crewchief252, johnboy07

Raritan Bay

Postby crewchief252 » Thu Jan 11, 2007 3:35 pm

Hit the bay again today, better than yesterday, but still no broadies, only saw 2-3 doz all morning, and the only ones that gave me a shot came thru after i got bored and dropped a pair of red breasteds and was picking them up, came thru very sweet, but i was out to far picking up the fish eaters. Also got a hen buff and a drake squaw, squaws were all over , the place, a fair amount of brant flying in tight by the marsh. So really no complaints, 1 buff, 1 squaw, 2 mergs. and finally was cold out there, had ice all over the seats.
Just once i would like to hear you scream in pain !....wanna hear me scream in pain? Play some rap music!
crewchief252
Forum & State Moderator

Postby jerseywaterfowler » Fri Jan 12, 2007 10:19 am

Nice was out, this morning in the Shrewsbury, plenty of Bluebills around, but they stayed tight to the shore line. Some buffies and one Brant in the bag.
Fitz
jerseywaterfowler
hunter

Postby crewchief252 » Fri Jan 12, 2007 11:11 am

Son is off from school on monday, so we will definately be out there, might be his last shot, so we may make a full day of it, really would like to get into the broadies, i know they are out there, , so with a full gas tank, and some lunch i plan on chasing them all over the bay if i have to, i should still be able to get out a few more times, i talked my boss into not changing our schedule until after the 23rd. I know it's a long way off, but they are saying some snow possible for the 19th/20th, have always done well when it's snowing out. . I have a brother up on Oneida lake in upstate NY, usually have 2 feet of ice by now, he was down last week, and said the lake is covered with cans, maybe this coming cold will bring em down before the seasons over.
Just once i would like to hear you scream in pain !....wanna hear me scream in pain? Play some rap music!
crewchief252
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Phil Eager » Fri Jan 12, 2007 11:55 am

Crew, I spotted them yesterday afternoon, Theres quote a few, but there way out almost to the channel. I'd say an easy 5m birds. I have not seen any in the harbor. What gives. two years ago you could not keep them out.
Phil Eager
hunter

Postby crewchief252 » Fri Jan 12, 2007 1:25 pm

Last time i saw a can, we still couldn't shoot them,been a while, maybe mon, i'll take the ride out to where they are, i know my son would love to get one.
crewchief252
Forum & State Moderator

Return to New Jersey Duck Hunting