Raritan bay

A state with an abundant amount of waterfowl. Share with others your New Jersey duck hunting experiences.

Moderators: crewchief252, johnboy07

Raritan bay

Postby crewchief252 » Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:05 pm

Hit the bay with my son this morning, very rough to start, so only went out aboot 1000yrds, had 1 shot at a few brant that came by, kept getting rougher, so we moved into matawan creek, found a nice little opening to hide in and threw out half dozen buff deeks, evry 20 mins or so, they wouldrun up and down the creek, and give my kid a shot, he missed all but one, but had a fun time, about 11 , headed back out, bay was starting to lay down, kicked up tons of squaws by the point ( union beach,) but kept going out to keansburg pier, looking for the broadies, found nothing, came back in by the point for a while, but birds werent moving, , fog was starting to thicken up also, kid was getting tired so we called it a day. one more chance this coming sat, looks like hi wind warnings as of now. Either way, love to get out with my son, turkeys next, then it's walleye and bass time :thumbsup:
Just once i would like to hear you scream in pain !....wanna hear me scream in pain? Play some rap music!
crewchief252
Forum & State Moderator

Postby sjtealhunter » Tue Jan 16, 2007 11:15 am

sounds like you had a good time but i noticed that you said that you had a shot at some brant, just wanted to let you know that if you were hunting on the morning that you posted this that the brant season closed yesterday on the 15th. i would hate to see you get in trouble for something like that, it's kind of weird them closing the season on a monday but i just thought that i would let you know for future refrence. Good luck and stay safe.

BRANT
Daily bag limit: 2
North Zone: Oct. 21- Oct. 28 Nov. 14 - Dec. 9
South Zone: Oct. 21 - Oct. 28 Nov. 14 - Dec. 9
Coastal Zone: Nov. 4 - Nov. 11 Dec. 20 - Jan. 15 and stay safe.
i don't eat vegetables -- vegetables are what food eats.
sjtealhunter
hunter

Postby hunt1940 » Tue Jan 16, 2007 4:06 pm

i met up with john out there we were hunting on monday he posted that today . i also had shot a brant missed(AGAIN)...tuff hunting with the fog in the morning..
hunt1940
hunter

Postby crewchief252 » Tue Jan 16, 2007 7:21 pm

sjtealhunter wrote:sounds like you had a good time but i noticed that you said that you had a shot at some brant, just wanted to let you know that if you were hunting on the morning that you posted this that the brant season closed yesterday on the 15th. i would hate to see you get in trouble for something like that, it's kind of weird them closing the season on a monday but i just thought that i would let you know for future refrence. Good luck and stay safe.

BRANT
Daily bag limit: 2
North Zone: Oct. 21- Oct. 28 Nov. 14 - Dec. 9
South Zone: Oct. 21 - Oct. 28 Nov. 14 - Dec. 9
Coastal Zone: Nov. 4 - Nov. 11 Dec. 20 - Jan. 15 and stay safe.

I appreciate you watching my back, but it was just after midnight,i work nights so it was still the same day for me, but thanks again, we do have to stick together. Take care......crew
Just once i would like to hear you scream in pain !....wanna hear me scream in pain? Play some rap music!
crewchief252
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Tack in NJ » Wed Jan 17, 2007 12:19 pm

According to the NJ Fish and Game website the coastal season ends on the 23rd not the 15th.
Tack in NJ
hunter

Postby crewchief252 » Wed Jan 17, 2007 2:21 pm

thats correct, he's just talking about brant, that ended on the 15th
crewchief252
Forum & State Moderator

Return to New Jersey Duck Hunting