Close to the end

A state with an abundant amount of waterfowl. Share with others your New Jersey duck hunting experiences.

Moderators: crewchief252, johnboy07

Close to the end

Postby Blade Runner » Fri Jan 19, 2007 6:16 am

Here we go, last two days of coastal. What is your tactics. With this weather things could get interesting. It looks like my group is either going for small water up against the Parkway or pot holes off the big water, which ever the wind will allow. At least that is the plan for now.
Blade Runner
hunter

Postby njplotts » Fri Jan 19, 2007 8:53 am

I'll be on the B bay Mon & tue.. Not even going to try tomorrow when they are calling for 30 to 40 mph wind Sat.
njplotts
hunter

Postby Blade Runner » Fri Jan 19, 2007 12:39 pm

Since NOAA has been so accurate this year, I am going to stick my head out of Beach Haven on Saturday morning and see what is going on. If its blowing a gail, like it is now, then its off to Tuckerton, if not, down to the Goose Bar. I might go Monday morning for a quickie, but I have to go out of town Tuesday, so that won't work. Good luck with your season ender.
Blade Runner
hunter

Postby Modified_Choking » Fri Jan 19, 2007 10:05 pm

We're gonna stick our noses straight into the wind and let the bravery of both man and duck collide somewhere about 40° 27.16'N, 74° 11.17'W.

...and we'll see what's what. I'm sort of thinking Lt. Dan-style.
I'm talkin bout the Lifestyle of the not so rich and famous.
Modified_Choking
hunter

Postby njplotts » Fri Jan 19, 2007 10:34 pm

You aren't kidding straight into the wind at that spot! Man, the waves are going to kick your butt! LOL I'd move around that point to give the ducks some shelter to land
njplotts
hunter

Postby Blade Runner » Sun Jan 21, 2007 4:45 pm

Well, as it is I stuck my head out Saturday at 4:00am and saw no water and lots of wind, so I went back to bed. Some of the group still went out and even got checked by the Marine Police on the ride in. I will be going out on Monday morning for the last time this year, hopefully it will be the best.
Blade Runner
hunter

Return to New Jersey Duck Hunting