last day of the season

A state with an abundant amount of waterfowl. Share with others your New Jersey duck hunting experiences.

Moderators: crewchief252, johnboy07

last day of the season

Postby hunterjohn » Tue Jan 23, 2007 10:23 am

Image not a bad day 2 buffies 2 hooded and 1 red brested merganser
hunterjohn
hunter

Postby jerseywaterfowler » Tue Jan 23, 2007 12:18 pm

Ya, went out before dark on the Navisink with a friend for a low tide hunt. Damm wind came up at dawn and really pushed water and dekes around. Ended up with a mergie for him a blown shot on a buffie for me,and a need to hual rear end off the island before being stranded. :help: Heard more ducks in the dark then saw at daybreak.
Wind raised water level a good foot above normal.Could of stayed through the tide cycle, but the wife has heard that one before. :toofunny:
Fitz
jerseywaterfowler
hunter

Postby crewchief252 » Wed Jan 24, 2007 11:27 am

hit the Shrewsbury tues morning, chugged thru 1/4 mile of ice to get to open water, set up the deeks, watched broadies all over the place except in my deeks, had 2 big rafts sitting 500 yrds away all morning, started getting rough and soaking me in the layout, looked like a camo popsicle, moved to a sheltered area, still no shots, quit about 11, driving home a little disappointed, decided to stop at the bay to see if a friend was there, then figured, i'm here why not, went into the marsh and missed 6 birds in the 1st 20 minutes, ended up with a hen buff, and my first drake hoody. Not a bad way to finish. Heading up to the water gap this week to see if there are geese, should be with everything freezing up, and hit it for speacial season. Thank God October is only8 months away.
Just once i would like to hear you scream in pain !....wanna hear me scream in pain? Play some rap music!
crewchief252
Forum & State Moderator

Postby njplotts » Wed Jan 24, 2007 12:01 pm

winter goose & turkey season should make the 8 months go a "little" faster LOL
njplotts
hunter

Return to New Jersey Duck Hunting