Dad and Son project

A state with an abundant amount of waterfowl. Share with others your New Jersey duck hunting experiences.

Moderators: crewchief252, johnboy07

Dad and Son project

Postby hardtime » Tue Jan 23, 2007 5:23 pm

I live in Washington Twp ( Glouc Co) I am starting to duck hunt this year so my 10 y/o son and I can spend some time together doing something we love.
Looking for a boat that can handle the Del. River.

16-18 ft
Aluminum
high sides help
Wider the better
motor a plus
trailer a must )
limited budget
any help would be appreciated

Thanks guys
Rick
rickandress@hotmail.com
"....and when you men get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a ****."

-General Franks
hardtime
hunter

Postby crewchief252 » Tue Jan 23, 2007 5:48 pm

sent you a pm
Just once i would like to hear you scream in pain !....wanna hear me scream in pain? Play some rap music!
crewchief252
Forum & State Moderator

Postby pintail2 » Tue Jan 23, 2007 7:57 pm

hey man i do alot of hunting on the delaware its tidal u deffinatly wanna have a flat bottom about a 14 foot with a 9.9 motor is perfect taht is what i have for there if u get stuck u can pull it and u can go in 5 inches of water. i will sell it for 2000 its a 14 foot custom camo paint job 9.9 with trailor im in bordentown nj it runs fist pull everytime let me know if u have any ?
pintail2
hunter

Postby hardtime » Thu Jan 25, 2007 4:40 am

sent ya a PM pintail2 )
"....and when you men get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a ****."

-General Franks
hardtime
hunter

Postby njplotts » Thu Jan 25, 2007 6:01 am

njplotts
hunter

Postby hardtime » Thu Jan 25, 2007 7:15 pm

Thanks Bro

-General Franks
hardtime
hunter

Postby stevez » Fri Jan 26, 2007 7:17 pm

Can I be a troublemaker and say that a flat bottom really isn't a great river boat? I think a 14-16-18 foot v-bottom is better suited for what you may find on the river during the winter.
Better safe than sorry.

One more thing...don't buy a junky motor. That's where you want to spend the money.

I'm always on a budget too but when it comes to taking a kid out on big water, this is not the place to scrimp too much
stevez
hunter

Postby crewchief252 » Fri Jan 26, 2007 9:07 pm

I agree with the deep vee's, you can never have too much boat, but it's very easy to have too little, i hunt the bay alot, and there were plenty times when the weather kicked up and i was glad i had a boat that could get us in safely, even more so now that my son is with me often, another good consideration is that everyyear i seem to have mopre and more gear, decoy's, and now cheezits and juice boxes
Just once i would like to hear you scream in pain !....wanna hear me scream in pain? Play some rap music!
crewchief252
Forum & State Moderator

Postby hardtime » Sat Jan 27, 2007 9:49 am

advise well given. Thanks

-General Franks
hardtime
hunter

Return to New Jersey Duck Hunting