Costal zone

A state with an abundant amount of waterfowl. Share with others your New Jersey duck hunting experiences.

Moderators: crewchief252, johnboy07

Costal zone

Postby Blindluck15 » Sat Nov 02, 2013 2:14 pm

Did anyone hunt the costal zone today of so how do u make out ? Any pics ? I'm new to costal I usually hunt the south zone and I'm trying to figure out where I can hunt that I won't get into trouble any help ? I'm not looking for your honey hole and I'm drove around looking at birds and I where I can hunt and where the birds are are two different things any help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
Blindluck15
hunter

Re: Costal zone

Postby SkylerUSMC » Sat Nov 02, 2013 2:34 pm

I went out didnt get anything but heard alot of shots and saw a few drop from guys on boats
SkylerUSMC
hunter

Postby FowlHooked » Sat Nov 02, 2013 7:23 pm

Very slow. 1 gadwal
Fowl Hooked Waterfowling on Facebook
FowlHooked
hunter

Postby BayMan718 » Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:33 am

didnt hunt...but scouted this morning for wed/thursday....but wasnt impressed...covered A LOT of ground but only saw a handful of brant...4 black ducks and 2 GWT....saw no other divers or puddleducks....maybe with this front today some will show...one can hope anyway...
“Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading "

Thomas Jefferson
BayMan718
hunter

Postby LeakyBoot » Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:00 am

Had a friend who's never killed a Brant. Told him to come on down for the Coastal opener, might not be many ducks but the Brant are always there by November. We only saw a couple of far away flocks and nothing came close. Now we're pretty far South in the Coastal but it concerns me. The sea lettuce doesn't look real good and it might be a habitat/food issue why their not here.
Hoping somebody tells me their just not here yet.
We had a skunk on the opener.
LeakyBoot
hunter

Postby jerseywaterfowler » Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:04 pm

Did the usually traditional coastal opener with my sons. Stay at moms house on LBI, eat nuthing that is good for you, I indulge in a few adult beverages, ( flying fish october fest is very good) and tramp around some mainland marshes looking for ducks. Saw almost nuthing, some small flocks of Brant that stayed way out in the bay, a few blacks. My sons did a lot of humping around, with no luck, I took put out some dekes in a marsh pond and took a nap. Fishing on LBI was just as bad.
All in all, a perfect weekend with my sons.
Fitz
jerseywaterfowler
hunter

Postby BayMan718 » Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:37 pm

anyone seeing any bufflehead ?

this is my first time hunting the coastal zone ( i stick to the north) but i was told they are normally in pretty good by now...and i know were seeing them here on long island already...but this morning i looked hard covered 50 miles by foot and truck and all i saw were handsful of brant and black ducks...
“Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading "

Thomas Jefferson
BayMan718
hunter

Postby BayMan718 » Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:40 pm

LeakyBoot wrote:Had a friend who's never killed a Brant. Told him to come on down for the Coastal opener, might not be many ducks but the Brant are always there by November. We only saw a couple of far away flocks and nothing came close. Now we're pretty far South in the Coastal but it concerns me. The sea lettuce doesn't look real good and it might be a habitat/food issue why their not here.
Hoping somebody tells me their just not here yet.
We had a skunk on the opener.

leaky...im on long island the brant have JUST started arriving this week...think with it being so warm of late...the migration is a little slower this season...hopefully this front and moon the birds push further south soon

Thomas Jefferson
BayMan718
hunter

Postby deducker » Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:36 am

i saw si, jase and willie at the ramp. then on the way home i stopped at another ramp and i saw them there also.
deducker
hunter

Postby Blindluck15 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:27 am

Thanks I thought it was just me I went out in the south zone and I killed it I limited out everyday but i couldn't buy a duck last week

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Blindluck15
hunter

Postby duk_hunter155 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:17 pm

Hunted Coastal Gunning River. It was horrible no ducks at all only shot two Brant. The cold weather today should have brought something down wondering if it worth going out next Sat?
duk_hunter155
hunter

Postby FowlHooked » Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:03 am

Saw a few buffies riding around but not to many yet
Fowl Hooked Waterfowling on Facebook
FowlHooked
hunter

Return to New Jersey Duck Hunting