Labrador breeders in the area

A state with an abundant amount of waterfowl. Share with others your New Jersey duck hunting experiences.

Moderators: crewchief252, johnboy07

Labrador breeders in the area

Postby mtl_duck » Tue Mar 27, 2007 3:44 pm

Hi All;

Just wondering if anyone knows of any reputable labrador retriever breeders in NJ or PA that they would recommend? I live in Englewood NJ, and hunt mainly in the Meadowlands.

I'm a first time dog owner, interested in having a "best-friend" to go hunting with, since I don't know any other waterfowlers (everyone in the state is a deer hunter! which is ok, but their disinterest in waterfowl is disheartening).

Any advice, whether on breeders or retriever trials in the area, or basic advice for a first time dog owner, would be greatly appreciated!

Regards

mtl_duck
duck hunting IS all its quacked-up to be!
mtl_duck
hunter

Postby killer0009 » Tue Mar 27, 2007 5:14 pm

I dont know any but if u want to ask more people just go to www.jerseyquackers.com and sign up. Its mostly all waterfowlers!
"When you have shot one bird flying you have shot all birds flying. They are all different and they fly in different ways but the sensation is the same and the last one is as good as the first."- Ernest Hemingway
killer0009
hunter

Postby FarmerMatt » Wed Sep 05, 2007 3:01 pm

killer0009, I may have somebody that you would want to get a dog from. it will cost you around 1,000 $ for the dog though. Need I remind you that this guy is a TOP NOTCH dog trainer and breeder. He sold my friend a dog for 800$ and that dog is a year old and she hunts her heart out and is GREAT at retreiving, she is also a good housepet. If you want an excellent dog, e-mail me a bpshunter06@yahoo.com and I will talk to the guy and see what I can do for you.
FarmerMatt
hunter

Postby jsm1977 » Wed Sep 05, 2007 5:16 pm

Do you want a puppy or started dog? Like was said above, if you go to jerseyquackers.com it will give you access to more local waterfowlers. Someone would point you in the right direction.
jsm
Last edited by jsm1977 on Thu Sep 06, 2007 4:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
jsm1977
hunter

Postby njplotts » Wed Sep 05, 2007 6:13 pm

mtl_duck
You think there aren't alot of waterfowls? You must not be hunting with a boat. Because there seems to be ALOT at the boat ramps across the state @ 4:30 in the morning LOL Not to mention cut corn fields LOL
Right guys!
njplotts
hunter

Return to New Jersey Duck Hunting