Pond box Pete

A state with an abundant amount of waterfowl. Share with others your New Jersey duck hunting experiences.

Moderators: crewchief252, johnboy07

Re: Pond box Pete

Postby papageno » Wed Mar 26, 2014 3:54 pm

Looks like you do great work.

Check out the Ward Museum in Salisbury MD (it's a good bit past Havre de Grace, unfortunately) if your heading down that way - it's also on the edge of the Pocomoke River cypress swamp if you've never seen that kind of swamp before, and an interesting drive down the eastern shore - my old stomping grounds.
papageno
hunter

Postby Slack Tide » Wed Mar 26, 2014 5:27 pm

papageno wrote:Looks like you do great work.

Check out the Ward Museum in Salisbury MD (it's a good bit past Havre de Grace, unfortunately) if your heading down that way - it's also on the edge of the Pocomoke River cypress swamp if you've never seen that kind of swamp before, and an interesting drive down the eastern shore - my old stomping grounds.

I bought that one.....wish I could take credit for it....but it's an easy build that I just need the time to do..(2 little kids)......
Sounds like a nice detour.....
"I've been left for dead before but I'll still fight on, don't wait up, leave the light on, I'll be home soon"
Chris Smither
Slack Tide
hunter

Postby pvn6616 » Sat Mar 29, 2014 2:48 pm

Not to disagree with Slack, because I do love his box, I think it is awesome. It just won't work for me as I run a free guide service and usually have 2 clients, i.e. "friends" that tag along w/ me. I have a 14 ft alum that can fit 3 men, a dog and gear but only because the SnoHaulers stack on top of one another. If I had your boxes i'd have no room for my clients. Hey, maybe you're on to something here. Where were those plans???

Seriously, they also double as sleds to tow the gear and they serve the purpose quite nicely as an all around tool for the hunting I do here in the salt marshes of southern Jersey.

It also works as the dogs kennel when we hunt areas that are wet and submerged. Jack is pretty good at jumping in and keeping his balance, but every once and a while he shifts his weight and sinks the ship.. It amazes me that he stays so still while hunting, because he's a very active dog at home
Attachments
DSCN8767.JPG
“The perils of duck hunting are great- especially for the duck” Walter Cronkite
pvn6616
hunter

Postby Slack Tide » Sat Mar 29, 2014 3:50 pm

pvn6616 wrote:Not to disagree with Slack, because I do love his box, I think it is awesome. It just won't work for me as I run a free guide service and usually have 2 clients, i.e. "friends" that tag along w/ me. I have a 14 ft alum that can fit 3 men, a dog and gear but only because the SnoHaulers stack on top of one another. If I had your boxes i'd have no room for my clients. Hey, maybe you're on to something here. Where were those plans???

Seriously, they also double as sleds to tow the gear and they serve the purpose quite nicely as an all around tool for the hunting I do here in the salt marshes of southern Jersey.

It also works as the dogs kennel when we hunt areas that are wet and submerged. Jack is pretty good at jumping in and keeping his balance, but every once and a while he shifts his weight and sinks the ship.. It amazes me that he stays so still while hunting, because he's a very active dog at home

Here you go!
http://stevenjaysanford.com/sanford-gunning-box/
"I've been left for dead before but I'll still fight on, don't wait up, leave the light on, I'll be home soon"
Chris Smither
Slack Tide
hunter

Previous

Return to New Jersey Duck Hunting