Coastal Ducks

A state with an abundant amount of waterfowl. Share with others your New Jersey duck hunting experiences.

Moderators: crewchief252, johnboy07

Coastal Ducks

Postby duk_hunter155 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:57 am

The participation in this forum is very lacking. I see that some posts have over 50 views and there is only a pittance of posts about duck sightings. Since the opening has anyone seen any pintails yet or other puddlers? Any migrating mallards? We know that the Brant, buffies, mergs are there but any scaup sightings yet?

I have been hunting the north zone and so far only a few good days have been holding off coastal as nothing seems to be happening there. I know in past years I was shooting pintails off of Island Beach but have not heard or seen any good reports. If anyone has any news would be greatful if you posted it. Need not tell me where just general area of coastal.

I did see a report that the Forsythe was loaded but that's no surprise it is always that way.
duk_hunter155
hunter

Re: Coastal Ducks

Postby jerseydutch » Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:23 pm

I don' think many will give you a report on the presence of pinners or other prized species.

However, this year has been a good year for diversity so far. I have already shot a handful of pintail and gadwall in multiple locations. So far I have shot mallard, black duck, pintail, gadwall, wood duck, green wing, blue wing, ruddy duck, bufflehead, greater scaup, and Canada goose. Things are shaping up nicely this year and the weather looks way more promising. I hope to add a bunch more species in the next two weeks.
jerseydutch
hunter

Return to New Jersey Duck Hunting