Check out this flock over the Hudson

A state with an abundant amount of waterfowl. Share with others your New Jersey duck hunting experiences.

Moderators: crewchief252, johnboy07

Check out this flock over the Hudson

Postby duktatr » Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:51 pm

Cool looking birds!
Manhattan-20131213-00052.jpg

Brant hanging out in lower Manhatten park too.
Attachments
Manhattan-20131213-00053.jpg
duktatr
hunter

Re: Check out this flock over the Hudson

Postby papageno » Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:37 pm

I live (unfortunately) in Battery Park City. There is flock of about 100 brant that feed in the lawn. They let people practically kick them out of their way. they also appear on the Judge Judy show's return from commercial clips. the central park reservoir and ponds are home to woodies (spring), shoveler (common there), gaddies (winter), buffies and hoodies and occasional greenwing. There are old piers around 66 th St where canvasbacks hang out. Ive even watched brant fly onder the Brooklyn Bridge from above.
papageno
hunter

Postby Boatman » Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:55 pm

I like these flocks better.

There are still things worth dying for and 1 of those things is freedom.

I love Geese

Genesis 27:3 Now then, get your weapons, quiver and bow, go out in the fields and hunt some wild game for me.
Boatman
hunter

Postby duk_hunter155 » Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:48 am

I hunted north zone on Sat. It was one of the best days duck hunting I have ever had. Shooting time was 645 and from 620 until we we left it was a non stop show of ducks dying to get into our spread (yes that was a play on words) Prior to the snow falling it was comical and awe inspiring to watch what every real duck hunter dreams of, mallards, blacks, pins, geese, coots, all wanting in. In the skies above us line after line of migrating everythings. There must be a zillion scaup in the barnegate now as we saw them in big flocks headed south. As we were picking up we had two decoys left to get and they were landing next to our boat!

With all this going on there were only 4 other boats at the launch!
duk_hunter155
hunter

Return to New Jersey Duck Hunting