Duck Hunting Forum banner

3 day marathon

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  pvn6616 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
I was able to get away for a rare pre-christmas marathon session last week. Sorely needing some pics on the NJ forum, I'll share the results.

First morning, the Dutch brothers and myself went searching for gaddies. We found them thanks to some good scouting and dropped 5 and a blackie. Unfortunately, we had to deal with some kids who set up 120 yards away and decided to shower us with shot when we took a bit too long retrieving birds.
gaddies.jpg

The next morning, P Dutch and I hitched up with Bayside for a field goose hunt. We shot limits of Ungava geese in short order. P Dutch and I hadn't had enough, so we hit the river for some mallards. It was a bit slow - birds around but shy. As we were picking up, a flock of 3 dozen circled and came in low… we turned a slow morning into a decent morning with an exciting toll. 3 mallards and a blackie total for the morning including a hen mallard banded near Lake Erie in Ontario.
mallards5.jpg

geesemal.jpg

A great time was had by all.

Lets see some more pics!!!

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
I knew it...leave some birds for the rest of us Dan... :clapping: I'll give you a call after the new year when I may have some time off. Way to go Papa, glad to see you in the hunt. I haven't posted any pics lately bc my cam died, then Dad bought an early present but when I finally went hunting and went to use it the battery died after the first pic...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.