Could Be A Blowout Tide Today

A state with an abundant amount of waterfowl. Share with others your New Jersey duck hunting experiences.

Moderators: crewchief252, johnboy07

Could Be A Blowout Tide Today

Postby LeakyBoot » Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:31 am

The Coastal Zone looks like a disaster area this morning, glad I'm not a duck trying to make a living in this brutal weather! Ha

With the new moon the tide is forecast to be really low this afternoon, add in the stiff winds and it'll probably be a blowout tide. Don't get left high and dry on a mudflat. At my age you couldn't pay me enough to go out ducking today. :biggrin:
LeakyBoot
hunter

Re: Could Be A Blowout Tide Today

Postby cedar creek sam » Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:15 pm

Good advice, but...must be because your boots are leaky?

Actually a dangerous day with the wind chill and tides.
CC SAM

"There can be no greater issue than that of conservation in this country." Theodore Roosevelt
cedar creek sam
hunter

Postby jerseywaterfowler » Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:57 pm

No blow out tide on the Shrewsbury, tide was so high they closed off 7 Bridge Rd. Even the ducks are cold. They were rafted it up like bait balls of fish.
Fitz
jerseywaterfowler
hunter

Postby DrakeH2oFowl » Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:04 am

We had blow out tides in PM on Monday & AM on Wednesday in South Zone. Boat was high & dry for a good 50-60 yards still as LST ended. Thought we were gonna have to sit in the dark & wait for tide because our boat is pretty heavy being a 17' side console. I tried moving the boat myself a little & it came unstuck surprisingly easy, told the old man to at least give it a try pushing the boat out. Luckily the boat glided across the mud like butter & we were able to get out. :bow:
DrakeH2oFowl
hunter

Return to New Jersey Duck Hunting