Duck Hunting Forum banner

Coastal ramp reports

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Bignastynate 
#1 ·
I live in the Camden county area and hunt coastal SJ some Saturdays.

I was planning to head down to the Cape May county area and hunt coastal tomorrow. After this storm I am worried about access to the boat ramps. I don't really want to leave my house at 4:30am and drive to the shore only to get screwed because the ramps are unusable, or spend all morning driving from ramp to ramp.

Any kind of heads up would be greatly appreciated.

#3 ·
I'm not worried about the ice building up and locking up the ramps. I'm worried about the snow that could be piled up or plowed into a frozen berm in front of the ramp.

Where I live we got about 8 inches of snow. I was looking at snow reports for the shore online and a lot of areas got that much or more. The snow could make backing a trailer up to a ramp real tricky. I don't know about other guys on here but I for one am not real experienced with launching boats with 8-10 inches of snow on the ground.

I'm dying to get out so I may have to just come prepared and hope for the best.

#4 ·
Bring a shovel...(shouldn't take too long with only 8 inches) if you have 4 wheel drive, you don't have to worry... bring salt... salt ramp when you leave, that way when you come back you won't be on a skating rink....Status quo for us in the great white north...

Knock a few down for me... best of luck out there.

Nick

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.