Duck Hunting Forum banner

Barnegat Gunning River area

3K views 17 replies 7 participants last post by  Quackerbarrel 
#1 ·
Anyone hunt there this weekend? Reports please.

I hunted North Zone Sat it was gang busters.

#5 ·
thanks if you get out again and you can let me know the ice condition for Saturday I would greatly appreciate it. I know in the past that the Barnegat ramp ices over and you cant get out. If that's the case the only two ramps that are possibly workable are the the ramp on 7 bridges road in Tuckerton, the ramp at the lighthouse on LBI and possibly the ramp at cedar dock road.

#14 ·
How did the scouting go around Gunning River area? We got out in NZ sat surprisingly as the launch had really thick ice on Thursday night. Action was very good until the dense fog rolled in. Had shots managed to shoot goose of which should had many, gadwall hen missed its mate, merg, and a can I put down but was still swimming and when I started the boat he dove last we saw of him. sucks.

#15 ·
duk_hunter155 said:
How did the scouting go around Gunning River area? We got out in NZ sat surprisingly as the launch had really thick ice on Thursday night. Action was very good until the dense fog rolled in. Had shots managed to shoot goose of which should had many, gadwall hen missed its mate, merg, and a can I put down but was still swimming and when I started the boat he dove last we saw of him. sucks.
I was a little West of you and the Drake Gadwall flew right over me and i knocked him down, :thumbsup: , by the way did you loose a black duck decoy?? I found it on my way out close to the point where you were.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.