license question

A state with an abundant amount of waterfowl. Share with others your New Jersey duck hunting experiences.

Moderators: crewchief252, johnboy07

license question

Postby cuppedncommitted » Sun Jul 29, 2007 6:54 pm

if i buy a license hip# both stamps in augest to hunt ducks and brant can i hunt threw the end of the season or would i have to buy a new hunting license to hunt after december 31?
timswildliferecreations.com
decoyanddestroy.com
cuppedncommitted
hunter

Postby tapera » Sun Jul 29, 2007 8:29 pm

jersey license runs out on december 31. federal and state stamp last til summer 08. so you'd have to buy a new license to hunt the 08 portion of the 07 duck season, but keep the old one with the state stamp and federal stamp. it's a pretty stupid system, and the first of at least 10 states i've hunted in where it's that way, but it is.

as for the hip number...i don't know. i assume that it would run out AFTER the season, like the state and federal stamps. but i'm not entirely sure. when you buy your license, whether from an agent or online, the agent or the site should prompt you if you need a new hip # to hunt the remainder of the season.
tapera
hunter

Postby crewchief252 » Mon Jul 30, 2007 8:29 am

HIP is good until june 08, so good thru whole season, just as stamps,
Just once i would like to hear you scream in pain !....wanna hear me scream in pain? Play some rap music!
crewchief252
Forum & State Moderator

Return to New Jersey Duck Hunting