The Delaware river is it worth hunting?

A state with an abundant amount of waterfowl. Share with others your New Jersey duck hunting experiences.

Moderators: crewchief252, johnboy07

The Delaware river is it worth hunting?

Postby hooded_merganser » Mon Jul 30, 2007 1:31 pm

Just curious if the Delaware river offers any decent hunting and if so is it best early season or late season?......thanks for your responses
hooded_merganser
Newb

Postby jerseywaterfowler » Tue Jul 31, 2007 9:58 am

I sometimes hunt up in the Gap area. Always see lots of geese, some puddles. I enjoy hunting the river but hate the 2 hours up and the 2 hours home and the 40 bucks in gas burned. If you are nearby go enjoy it.
Fitz
jerseywaterfowler
hunter

Postby killer0009 » Tue Jul 31, 2007 1:17 pm

Yea there are a lot of blackies around there down by the bridge and its decent
"When you have shot one bird flying you have shot all birds flying. They are all different and they fly in different ways but the sensation is the same and the last one is as good as the first."- Ernest Hemingway
killer0009
hunter

Postby crewchief252 » Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:23 am

I hunt the gap area also, lots of mallards and woodies early season, and geese ( i will be going up scouting the geese in the next few weeks for sept season), have also seen goldeneyes, buffs, blacks widgeons, and lots of common mergs late season, some days are great, some arent.
Just once i would like to hear you scream in pain !....wanna hear me scream in pain? Play some rap music!
crewchief252
Forum & State Moderator

Return to New Jersey Duck Hunting