Duck Hunting Forum banner

This week's SZ hunts

2K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  DrakeH2oFowl 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Great hunting in SZ this week thanks to some great scouting by the Dutch Bros.

In the 6 degree morning, the brothers chopped their way through 2 miles of ice to get to duck central by lst. PVN and myself met them the easier way. A good rush in the morning kept us through a slow morning followed by a good movement in the afternoon. We came out with 14 birds in the bag including a wayward young drake canvasback.
ducks 14.jpg

The next day, we met up with Bayside and an old friend of mine from Maryland for a field goose shoot. They cam in well and we limited by mid morning…. thought I had a pic but must not have saved it.

A great time was had by all.

Attachments

See less See more
#8 ·
That one is certainly a RP - Resident Population goose… we also shot one of the smallest canadian goose I've ever seen, a true AP - Atlantic Population goose… it was about 5-6 lbs. I don't think it was a cackler, but it was about the same size.

#10 ·
I ended up getting sucked into a last minute goose hunt last Wednesday before I left for Arkansas...4 of the 5 birds we shot were all cute little lessers. Not cacklers (I wish) but little Ap guys. Just wanted to use them as plush toys lol I'm still bitter about getting that picture when I was in the goose field...... :yes:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.