How are things looking??

A state with an abundant amount of waterfowl. Share with others your New Jersey duck hunting experiences.

Moderators: crewchief252, johnboy07

How are things looking??

Postby HighBaller » Tue Aug 21, 2007 6:54 pm

I'm wondering if anyone is seeing a significant amount of geese? I feel like I have not been seeing as many this year as I have in the past...

What are you guys seein??
HighBaller
hunter

Postby Vitalwon » Tue Aug 21, 2007 7:41 pm

Might be true in South Jersey Highballer, but not in Lower Bucks, PA. They are everywhere.
Vitalwon
Newb

Postby crewchief252 » Tue Aug 21, 2007 8:17 pm

all over up north too, i live just south of the water gap, and there are plenty on the river, and this evening i heard them flying over the house a few times, IS THIS WEATHER GETTING EVERYBODY EXCITED OR WHAT
Just once i would like to hear you scream in pain !....wanna hear me scream in pain? Play some rap music!
crewchief252
Forum & State Moderator

Postby HighBaller » Tue Aug 21, 2007 8:21 pm

Maybe I'm just not looking in the right direction....

>>>The weather today made me feel like I should be walking out of the house with a gun in my hand!! To bad it will be 95 on Saturday. :thumbsdown:
HighBaller
hunter

Postby Vitalwon » Wed Aug 22, 2007 5:59 pm

This weather has got the blood going for sure. I can't believe it is going to go back to the 90's this weekend! It has been fun while it lasted and the rain was welcome. It did make you want to throw dekes in the boat and go...
Vitalwon
Newb

Postby harbinger_j » Tue Aug 28, 2007 10:06 am

Bergen, Essex, Union Counties, I see them all over. Every roadside median and corporate lawn has some. They must know they're safe there.

I just took a look at the saw mill creek WMA by the meadowlands, has anyone hunted there? You need a boat to get there.
harbinger_j
hunter

Postby mtl_duck » Thu Sep 06, 2007 1:56 pm

Harbinger - I hunted (and plan to hunt) Sawmill creek weekdays, when I can. Msg me any questions you have! Yes, you definately need a boat! Question is, what kind of boat do you have?

I heard that it was full on opening day last year - not so busy during the week and later in the season, but I always see ducks (don't necessarily get to shoot them though). Tides are brutal, over 6 ft. You don;t want to get stuck on the mudflats by the NJ Turnpike at low tide! There are 2-3 ditches which keep their water at low tide, so all is not lost.

I heard from some of the guys I met there that its mostly guys from the Bergen County Duck hunting club (or something like that) that hunt there. Some guys come from as far away as PA to hunt there.
duck hunting IS all its quacked-up to be!
mtl_duck
hunter

Return to New Jersey Duck Hunting