sea isle ramp

A state with an abundant amount of waterfowl. Share with others your New Jersey duck hunting experiences.

Moderators: crewchief252, johnboy07

sea isle ramp

Postby Tr1ggerHappy » Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:28 pm

Going out on the 25th for coastal...due to the cold weather was wondering if anyone can give me some insight on the boat ramp in sea isle under the bridge. Is it frozen, will i be able to get out? lol
Tr1ggerHappy
hunter

Re: sea isle ramp

Postby Capemaycarver609 » Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:17 pm

as of today...froze up.

Ill be driving around tomorrow and will post what i see before bed time hahaha
you want good looking decoys, most of the dumb ducks are dead
Capemaycarver609
hunter

Postby Capemaycarver609 » Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:22 am

every ramp but one from sea isle to cape may was locked up this morning, the free bridge in stone harbor had about 100 yds of water in front of it but then solid ice... saw a couple guys leaving the are with a sneakbox and talked to them for a bit, they said they broke ice the whole way out and broke even more the whole way in....good luck and be safe to anyone who goes out, definitely a day to wear the life jackets
you want good looking decoys, most of the dumb ducks are dead
Capemaycarver609
hunter

Postby Bkenn » Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:54 am

Brigantine: ramp frozen. Bay is iced up pretty good. Be safe. You might get out but could have trouble getting back in. Be safe!
Bkenn
Newb

Postby Tr1ggerHappy » Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:15 pm

that makes me kind of iffy. Im up from williamstown area...I love duck hunting but not sure if that ride is worth risking some equipment, and a possible pain in the @ss
Tr1ggerHappy
hunter

Postby Batsto » Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:35 pm

Just was by OC....lots of ice around Tennessee ave ramp.
Batsto
hunter

Postby LeakyBoot » Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:54 pm

Add to the ramp issues there's a Gale Warning for Saturday.

GALE WARNING
Now - Sunday, Jan 26, 7:00am
...GALE WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 1 AM SATURDAY TO 7 AM EST SUNDAY...
* LOCATIONS...THE ATLANTIC COASTAL WATERS OF NEW JERSEY AND DELAWARE AS WELL AS DELAWARE BAY.
* WINDS...SOUTHWEST 20 TO 30 KT WITH 35 TO 45 KT AT TIMES SATURDAY MORNING SHIFTING TO NORTHWEST SATURDAY NIGHT WITH GUSTS 35 TO 45 KT.
* SEAS...BUILDING TO 6 TO 9 FEET EXCEPT 2 TO 5 FEET ON THE ICE FREE AREAS OF DELAWARE BAY.
* FREEZING SPRAY...INTERMITTENT LIGHT FREEZING SPRAY CONTINUING THROUGH SATURDAY MORNING MAY BECOME A MODERATE FREEZING SPRAY EARLY SUNDAY MORNING.
* LOW WATER...THERE IS A SMALL CHANCE OF VERY LOW WATER AT THE LOW TIDES OF SUNDAY AND MONDAY.
PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...
A GALE WARNING MEANS WINDS OF 34 TO 47 KNOTS ARE IMMINENT OR OCCURRING. OPERATING A VESSEL IN GALE CONDITIONS REQUIRES EXPERIENCE AND PROPERLY EQUIPPED VESSELS. IT IS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED THAT MARINERS WITHOUT THE PROPER EXPERIENCE SEEK SAFE HARBOR PRIOR TO THE ONSET OF GALE CONDITIONS.
LeakyBoot
hunter

Postby BaconBits » Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:46 pm

Id say relax at home. I live in Marmora, (one minute over the 34th street bridge out of OC) and going over that bridge its solid ice on both sides.... Maybe walk around the marshes and try to jump shoot or whatever thats called???
BaconBits
hunter

Postby Tr1ggerHappy » Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:04 pm

thanks for the info guys. This really helped. A days rest never hurt anyone lol
Tr1ggerHappy
hunter

Postby Quackerbarrel » Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:49 pm

Thanks for the report cooper, going to sit it out, as depressing as it is. Been a rough week at work and there's a decoy show I wanna hit.
Goodluck to everyone who goes out and be safe.
Quackerbarrel
hunter

Return to New Jersey Duck Hunting