Sea duck hunt

A state with an abundant amount of waterfowl. Share with others your New Jersey duck hunting experiences.

Moderators: crewchief252, johnboy07

Sea duck hunt

Postby liono9 » Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:59 pm

Went out to chase sea ducks quite a few times this season, here's a video of one of em, enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGEC8NmQ ... 4-overview
liono9
hunter

Re: Sea duck hunt

Postby ngiglio » Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:24 pm

Awesome video thanks for sharing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ngiglio
hunter

Postby Deuce N Ducks » Sat Feb 08, 2014 6:16 pm

Love that freedom..nice footage! ...Keep that dog STEADY! in the first sequence if those birds swing in towards you they way that dog just broke could have turned real ugly...
Deuce N Ducks
hunter

Postby liono9 » Sat Feb 08, 2014 6:38 pm

Deuce N Ducks wrote:Love that freedom..nice footage! ...Keep that dog STEADY! in the first sequence if those birds swing in towards you they way that dog just broke could have turned real ugly...

You are right about the dog, she's very hyper at times, have to watch for her!!!
liono9
hunter

Postby papageno » Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:01 pm

I'd personally feel more comfortable if you started leveling the gun after you pass my head. Good thing your buddy ducks faster than G.W. Bush from a shoe.
papageno
hunter

Postby BaconBits » Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:53 am

cool video but dude at 2:00 you pulled that trigger right in the line of your dog out in the water... that could have been bad!
BaconBits
hunter

Postby PADuck » Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:47 am

Nice vid man, as for these comments. Guys who hunt with Dogs know to watch for dogs. and if you know the yardage and pattern and feel safe shooting over your dog that is your decision. I do it with my dog and my friends think im crazy but i know when its to close to call or not. They however will not shoot anywhere near my dog. I need to get out on a sea duck hunt again soon
PADuck
hunter

Postby duk_hunter155 » Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:49 pm

Thank you so much for posting this video definitely one of the best I have ever seen on this site or any site. You dog is fantastic. MHR? Great shooting to. Nice spread. The dolphin shot was incredible!!!! Would scare the crap out of me if my dog was in the water and I saw that fin come out of the water. Enjoyed it immensely.
duk_hunter155
hunter

Postby cedar creek sam » Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:24 pm

Good video work! What's the boat, a TDB?
CC SAM

"There can be no greater issue than that of conservation in this country." Theodore Roosevelt
cedar creek sam
hunter

Postby Duck Slayer424 » Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:28 am

cedar creek sam wrote:Good video work! What's the boat, a TDB?

Bankes 17
Duck Slayer424
hunter

Postby Bodad » Mon Aug 11, 2014 2:44 pm

Great video thank you for posting. Approximately what area of the shore were you hunting? What camera did you use to video it?

I had a MHR and he was steady most of the time but there were times when he just couldn't wait and I suspect that has happened to most dog owners. Your dog did a great job retrieving. How did he get back in the boat?

Thanks again for the post. Great.
Take a kid duck hunting. Show him the best that life has to offer.
Bodad
hunter

Postby liono9 » Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:24 pm

Bodad wrote:Great video thank you for posting. Approximately what area of the shore were you hunting? What camera did you use to video it?

I had a MHR and he was steady most of the time but there were times when he just couldn't wait and I suspect that has happened to most dog owners. Your dog did a great job retrieving. How did he get back in the boat?

Thanks again for the post. Great.

Thanks, I had go pro with a head strap, the dog just comes to the back of the boat where I pull him up, I have a ladder but don't use it much.
liono9
hunter

Postby Bodad » Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:36 pm

I don't know much about the go pro. I have been thinking about buying one but then I read it really does not do well in low light situations also makes things look further away than they are. I have a really small camcorder that I can wear on my head and give that a try this year. With the go pro do you just turn it on and let it run constantly as you hunt or do you keep turning it on and off? With the fast action you had no need to turn it off but when your hunting 6 hours I assume you must turn it off an on.
Take a kid duck hunting. Show him the best that life has to offer.
Bodad
hunter

Postby liono9 » Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:35 pm

Bodad wrote:I don't know much about the go pro. I have been thinking about buying one but then I read it really does not do well in low light situations also makes things look further away than they are. I have a really small camcorder that I can wear on my head and give that a try this year. With the go pro do you just turn it on and let it run constantly as you hunt or do you keep turning it on and off? With the fast action you had no need to turn it off but when your hunting 6 hours I assume you must turn it off an on.

Yup it does make look things farther out but still the best to record the hunt, I keep turning it off and on but now the newer models have the remote so you can easily do it.
liono9
hunter

Return to New Jersey Duck Hunting