COASTAL SNOW GOOSING

A state with an abundant amount of waterfowl. Share with others your New Jersey duck hunting experiences.

Moderators: crewchief252, johnboy07

COASTAL SNOW GOOSING

Postby pvn6616 » Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:47 pm

Jack and I hunted this past Wednesday and had some nice action with the white devils. As usual, they flew in large numbers and most were not interested in our measley rig of 100 shells & silos, but we had 4 opportunities on stooling geese, but I only connected on my first shot. Not sure what was going on with my shooting but after I got back I drove myself to the ER and found out I was experiencing Atrial Fibulation which may have had something to do with it. spent 2 nites in there - got home this afternoon and downloaded pics. I guess if I gotta go I can't think of a better way to go than doing what I love the most
Attachments
DSCN8984.JPG
DSCN8988.JPG
DSCN9010.JPG
“The perils of duck hunting are great- especially for the duck” Walter Cronkite
pvn6616
hunter

Re: COASTAL SNOW GOOSING

Postby papageno » Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:10 am

Pete, you ain't going anywhere anytime soon.

I've been meaning to snow hunt with you, but the driving conditions have grounded me. Let me know when you're ready to go so that you'll have a young guy to drag your sorry ass out of the marsh. :wink: We can bring the Dutch Bros. and FFT so that they can drag my sorry ass out of the marsh if need be.
papageno
hunter

Postby pvn6616 » Sat Feb 15, 2014 12:17 pm

Thanks, I was thinking the same thing. It's just so hard when I get such short notice about when I'm off week to week to give you guys any notice. Having only weekdays off makes it hard as well. Maybe we should see about getting together one Saturday, if I give enough time I can take off. I'll PM you.
pvn6616
hunter

Postby ngiglio » Sat Feb 15, 2014 1:10 pm

Pete I'm glad to hear your feeling better. I talked to Taylor and I plan on coming down for a visit. Let me know which days are best!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ngiglio
hunter

Postby jerseydutch » Sat Feb 15, 2014 2:19 pm

geeze Pete. You are something else! Let me know when you are free. Work has been busy but should slow down with the warmer temps. My buddy and I were thinking about going out Friday in the warm rain showers but unsure of location yet....I am always a sucker for that nasty del bay mud but saw some promise in your neck of the woods as well.

Glad you are ok!
jerseydutch
hunter

Postby pvn6616 » Sat Feb 15, 2014 3:52 pm

I will definitely make a few calls next time I go out. Although I have been solo hunting for more yrs than most of you guys have been alive, it is Russian roulette and the odds get higher and higher each time. I was however wearing my PFD as I'm not a complete idiot - I wanted someone to find my body if something happened!!! :lol3:
Attachments
DSCN9007.JPG
4 X 4!!!
DSCN8997.JPG
Harsh Conditions
DSCN8991.JPG
Happy Jack
pvn6616
hunter

Postby BaconBits » Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:42 pm

I never went after snows... cool pictures! was that north or southern jersey? :thumbsup:
BaconBits
hunter

Postby pvn6616 » Sun Feb 16, 2014 6:57 pm

As the title implies it was along the coastal zone down here in So. Jersey. There aren't a whole lot of snows along the coast as opposed to the Delaware side but I think that may be of some advantage because you don't need a HUGE spread, just an extra large spread to attract them.

Check out my posts from previous years here:

http://www.snowgoosecentral.com/forum/v ... p?f=8&t=20
pvn6616
hunter

Postby BaconBits » Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:54 pm

thats awesome, thanks for the not so huge spread tip haha. I'm from the north part of cape may county... ocean city... I'll have to do some scouting and maybe give snows a try some time. I'm new to hunting but not shooting, have had zero luck so far but I wont give up!
BaconBits
hunter

Return to New Jersey Duck Hunting