NORTH ZONE YOUTH DAY

A state with an abundant amount of waterfowl. Share with others your New Jersey duck hunting experiences.

Moderators: crewchief252, johnboy07

NORTH ZONE YOUTH DAY

Postby crewchief252 » Thu Oct 04, 2007 12:13 pm

All you guy's with kids hunting, remember this sat is youth day in the north zone, Looks like terrible weather for duck hunting, 87 degrees but my son is still primed up and ready, we'll be heading to dunkin donuts at 4:30, then on to the water, been seeing a good amount of birds in our spots so hopefully he will have a great morning, but any time together out there is a great time, lets see some pics on sat night. Good luck guy's
Here's a shot from last years youth day.
Just once i would like to hear you scream in pain !....wanna hear me scream in pain? Play some rap music!
crewchief252
Forum & State Moderator

Postby jerseywaterfowler » Sat Oct 06, 2007 7:13 am

Good luck. Way to warm, much like last year. Good for surfing I have not even bothered with my wet suit, but no so good for hunting.
Fitz
jerseywaterfowler
hunter

Postby crewchief252 » Sat Oct 06, 2007 11:51 am

got to the lake, fog was so thick, couldnt see the bow light. made it to a spot in about an hour, got set up, had a few singles fly thru high, then he finally had a quick shot at 2 greens that came out of the fog at mach 3, so no duck dinner tonight, still a great day spent with my son, saw kingfishers, great blue herons, a few hawks, some deer and a fox, That is what it's all about, hopefully fog will be gone by opening day.
Just once i would like to hear you scream in pain !....wanna hear me scream in pain? Play some rap music!
crewchief252
Forum & State Moderator

Postby FarmerMatt » Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:21 pm

I did really good on youth day, I agree that it was a foggy as hell on saturday, couldn't see my hand infront of my face let alone shoot mallards. But I got 5 ducks on Saturday, 4 mallard drakes and 1 teal hen.
FarmerMatt
hunter

Postby crewchief252 » Mon Oct 08, 2007 3:06 pm

way to go, glad you had a good day. any pics??
crewchief252
Forum & State Moderator

Return to New Jersey Duck Hunting