Hunting ideas for a physically impaired partner

A state with an abundant amount of waterfowl. Share with others your New Jersey duck hunting experiences.

Moderators: crewchief252, johnboy07

Hunting ideas for a physically impaired partner

Postby jschu121 » Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:11 pm

Hello all,

I'm new to the forum, so I'd like to thank everyone in advance and say what an informative place this is.

I used to hunt ducks with my dad - mostly puddles in lakes in the WMAs and state lands around Wanaque. He has since broken his back, and while he can walk, he can't really handle sitting in a canoe or boat. Does anyone have any suggestions for possible duck hunting opportunities? I thought of walking some parts of the Wallkill or Black River and brining a light kyak along to retrieve, but I'm wondering if there are better possibilities. I plan on hunting with him during the week in December, so pressure might not be a problem. Thanks again for your help.
jschu121
hunter

Postby crewchief252 » Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:35 pm

:welcome: welcome aboard, lots of good info on here, sent you a pm
Just once i would like to hear you scream in pain !....wanna hear me scream in pain? Play some rap music!
crewchief252
Forum & State Moderator

Postby njplotts » Mon Oct 08, 2007 7:28 am

He can hunt with me. My back is shot too. I hunt out of a TDB. It's a great shooting platform. he can stand/sit, easy to move around in to get the "kinks" out of your back.
Forget about blackriver being easy the muck is soft & deep even getting to the main channel.
njplotts
hunter

Postby jschu121 » Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:14 pm

Thanks crewchief, I sent a pm back (hope you got it).

And thanks for the heads up on blackriver njplotts. The only land I remember there is the pheasant fields, and they probably dont hold many ducks haha.
jschu121
hunter

Postby crewchief252 » Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:37 pm

jschu121 wrote:Thanks crewchief, I sent a pm back (hope you got it).

And thanks for the heads up on blackriver njplotts. The only land I remember there is the pheasant fields, and they probably dont hold many ducks haha.

Nope. didnt get it, try again, or e-mail me
Just once i would like to hear you scream in pain !....wanna hear me scream in pain? Play some rap music!
crewchief252
Forum & State Moderator

Return to New Jersey Duck Hunting