puddle ducks?

A state with an abundant amount of waterfowl. Share with others your New Jersey duck hunting experiences.

Moderators: crewchief252, johnboy07

puddle ducks?

Postby waterfowl10 » Tue Oct 09, 2007 7:04 pm

do you guys have more success hunting the early season for ducks or when its late in the season and cold? are there more birds around late in the season? any help would be great. i am new to the sport and any help would be great
waterfowl10
hunter

Postby crewchief252 » Wed Oct 10, 2007 2:59 am

i hunt more for divers than puddlers, and while i seem to do a little better in the early season, i find more birds later in the season, as the weather gets colder up north, it drives more birds down our way, last year was so warm, i think the most birds were around about 2 weeks after the season was over. But i think alot of the reason i do better early is the fact that they havent seen much hunting pressure, birds were easier to decoy early in the season, but all in all we had a heck of season last year, going crazy now waiting for our opener this coming sat.
Just once i would like to hear you scream in pain !....wanna hear me scream in pain? Play some rap music!
crewchief252
Forum & State Moderator

del water gap?

Postby waterfowl10 » Wed Oct 10, 2007 6:55 am

does the gap get alot of pressure throughout the season? i hear that alot of birds use the delaware during their migration.
waterfowl10
hunter

Postby foldem » Wed Oct 10, 2007 8:59 am

all i got to say is that we need a cold front . Early season is ok but all depends on the weather with the lack of rain most swamps are real low.
foldem
hunter

Postby njplotts » Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:05 pm

I do about the same early as late. I hunt alot of different places & move with the birds so they aren't pressured by over gunning
njplotts
hunter

Re: del water gap?

Postby crewchief252 » Wed Oct 10, 2007 1:34 pm

waterfowl10 wrote:does the gap get alot of pressure throughout the season? i hear that alot of birds use the delaware during their migration.

gap is hit or miss, some days the birds are all over, then you go back tomorrow, and nothing, but most of the time i am the only one there, last season, i saw one other guy up there
Just once i would like to hear you scream in pain !....wanna hear me scream in pain? Play some rap music!
crewchief252
Forum & State Moderator

Return to New Jersey Duck Hunting