Youth Day in Southern Zone

A state with an abundant amount of waterfowl. Share with others your New Jersey duck hunting experiences.

Moderators: crewchief252, johnboy07

Youth Day in Southern Zone

Postby waterdogscbr » Sat Oct 13, 2007 6:33 pm

Had a nice day today. Went out in the afternoon. Boat ran good, grass looked good, dog worked good, spooked some ducks off the river. Didn't knock any down but had a priceless day with my son and dog in the boat. Hope everyone else had a nice day.
waterdogscbr
hunter

Postby crewchief252 » Sun Oct 14, 2007 11:47 am

same here, great day spent with my son, hit the res in the a.m., almost no ducks, then a different spot in the p.m., lots of woodies but none in the bag, we were doing the north zone opener, all the kids we hunt with are primed for the coastal youth day, we had them out there last year in that wicked rainstorm, but they shot up 3 boxes of shells, didnt hit a thing, but had one heck of a fun day, i doubt the kids even noticed it was raining, horizontally no less,. Do you and your son do the coastal youth day??
Just once i would like to hear you scream in pain !....wanna hear me scream in pain? Play some rap music!
crewchief252
Forum & State Moderator

Postby waterdogscbr » Sun Oct 14, 2007 6:09 pm

Yes we will hunt the youth day coastal zone also. We usually hunt down by Ocean City off the intercoastal waterway. I was out today off the Mullica River down by Lower Landing road. Saw some guys messing with their duck boat. Asked them about some blinds along the river that I had seen while scouting out for some Southern Zone spots. He told me that he has blinds on some private land which I was glad he explained to me. Then he told me about some Federal land in which they lease. Have you ever heard of people leasing Federal Land? Went to the free Waterfowl Clinic today in Tuckerton. You should see the geese and ducks at this Tip Seaman Park off of Rte. 9. The clinic was okay, my son had more fun watching the geese come in and land on the water.
waterdogscbr
hunter

Return to New Jersey Duck Hunting