sussex county land?

A state with an abundant amount of waterfowl. Share with others your New Jersey duck hunting experiences.

Moderators: crewchief252, johnboy07

sussex county land?

Postby waterfowl10 » Wed Oct 17, 2007 8:24 pm

any body have information about decent public wetlands up in sussex county? any larger marshes? any help would be great.
waterfowl10
hunter

Postby njplotts » Wed Oct 17, 2007 8:48 pm

if they are public they aren't decent. LOL The better spots we'll need a good duck boat to hunt. Those spots never get hard like swamps or rivers that can be waded.
You kinda new here so I'll tell you. Nobody is going to tell someone they don't know well where to hunt. Yes they are public spots by among duck hunters the saying is yes they are public but these people wouldn't find them unless they look". All the long time waterfowl have been burnt by tell others them spots.
Sorry
njplotts
hunter

Postby foldem » Thu Oct 18, 2007 1:36 pm

well said plotts all i can say is do your homework like the rest of us. Been down that road before it sucks to show up to your honey hole and find someone else in it.
foldem
hunter

Postby njplotts » Thu Oct 18, 2007 2:30 pm

Foldem;
I took a "forum friend" to a goose field(semi public) hunting . We slammed them. 2 days later I go to the field & my "forum friend" was there w/ 2 guys. It wouldn't of be as hard to take if he atleast invited me to go along LOL. People started hunted that everyday until the geese wouldn't even fly over the field. HE/they bragged to EVERYONE on the internet where they shot all the geese. The same guy went & leased some fields I have hunted for year but can't hunt now.

So now it's tough trying to help a new comer out & for that I sorry.
njplotts
hunter

Postby waterfowl10 » Thu Oct 18, 2007 5:24 pm

ok no problem guys. im not trying to take anybody's spot or anything, just looking for a place to get out. but thanks anyway. i would do the same to anybody who asked me that question. again not a problem at all. i wont mind doing some homework at all. i would enjoy it very much. good luck!
waterfowl10
hunter

Postby njplotts » Thu Oct 18, 2007 5:48 pm

W10;
join DU or NJWaterfoelers & attend some dinners. You'll meet people in person & get to know them. In no time you be getting invites to hunt different places.
njplotts
hunter

Postby foldem » Fri Oct 19, 2007 7:17 am

hey plotts im the guy who bought you goose floaters . How your season going so far ? We been seeing alot of birds mostly woodies but did manage to get a black and some teal. Talk to you soon!!
foldem
hunter

Postby njplotts » Fri Oct 19, 2007 9:34 am

I knew who this was.
It's pretty slow but Tons of woodies That's all I saw 1st day. Did manage 4 mallards & a black tue. But the was a banner day. With these temps & all the green food the ducks are lazy as hell around here & so am I lol. Feels like Sept. goose season LOL There's no shortage of geese now! Can't keep the bastards out of my decoys LOL. 3 friends did well 1st day ( all limited out early mallards,blacks buffies, woodies & not counting the mergies) on the "river". I got an invite for the southern opener but think I'm going to the "river" instead. Both hunts hinge on me getting the new electric winch mounted on the trailer today. "& it's not foing well" LOL
njplotts
hunter

Return to New Jersey Duck Hunting