WATER GAP

A state with an abundant amount of waterfowl. Share with others your New Jersey duck hunting experiences.

Moderators: crewchief252, johnboy07

WATER GAP

Postby crewchief252 » Wed Oct 24, 2007 3:27 pm

hIT THE GAP THIS MORNING, LOTS OF WOODIES FLYING, MISSED A COUPLE OF REALLY GOOD SHOTS, BUT DID GET ONE DRAKE, HAD A FRIEND WHO IS SORT OF NEW TO WATERFOWLING, AT ONE POINT I NOTICED PAIR OF WOODIES SWIMMING IN FROM DOWN STREAM, I AM ON THE LEFT, BUDDY ON THE RIGHT, DUCKS ARE COMMING FROM MY LEFT, THEY GET TO ABOUT 40 YRDS AND WONT COME ANY CLOSER, SO I SAY OK , TAKE EM, OUT OF THE CORNER OF MY EYE I SEE HIS SHOT HIT THE WATER 20 FEET AWAY, I CANT BELIEVE HE IS THAT BAD OF A SHOT, THEN I REALIZE, HE IS SHOOTING AT MY HAND CARVED GREEN WINGS THAT HE DIDNT SEE ME PUT OVER THERE. hE SAID HE WAS WONDERING WHY I WAS WAITING WHEN THEY WERE SO CLOSE, I GUESS THAT WAS BECAUSE THEY WERE WOOD, aDD THAT TO THE LIST OF CRAZY HUNTING STORIES, ANYWAY, WE HAD A GOOD LAUGH OVER THAT ONE.
Just once i would like to hear you scream in pain !....wanna hear me scream in pain? Play some rap music!
crewchief252
Forum & State Moderator

Re: WATER GAP

Postby stevez » Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:23 pm

crewchief252 wrote:hIT THE GAP THIS MORNING, LOTS OF WOODIES FLYING, MISSED A COUPLE OF REALLY GOOD SHOTS, BUT DID GET ONE DRAKE, HAD A FRIEND WHO IS SORT OF NEW TO WATERFOWLING, AT ONE POINT I NOTICED PAIR OF WOODIES SWIMMING IN FROM DOWN STREAM, I AM ON THE LEFT, BUDDY ON THE RIGHT, DUCKS ARE COMMING FROM MY LEFT, THEY GET TO ABOUT 40 YRDS AND WONT COME ANY CLOSER, SO I SAY OK , TAKE EM, OUT OF THE CORNER OF MY EYE I SEE HIS SHOT HIT THE WATER 20 FEET AWAY, I CANT BELIEVE HE IS THAT BAD OF A SHOT, THEN I REALIZE, HE IS SHOOTING AT MY HAND CARVED GREEN WINGS THAT HE DIDNT SEE ME PUT OVER THERE. hE SAID HE WAS WONDERING WHY I WAS WAITING WHEN THEY WERE SO CLOSE, I GUESS THAT WAS BECAUSE THEY WERE WOOD, aDD THAT TO THE LIST OF CRAZY HUNTING STORIES, ANYWAY, WE HAD A GOOD LAUGH OVER THAT ONE.

Great story but the funniest part is that he MISSED the decoys too
stevez
hunter

Postby crewchief252 » Thu Oct 25, 2007 6:23 pm

pic from yesterday
Just once i would like to hear you scream in pain !....wanna hear me scream in pain? Play some rap music!
crewchief252
Forum & State Moderator

Postby striperhyper » Thu Oct 25, 2007 7:26 pm

Hey chief do you hunt outt of you boat the way it is with no blind?
striperhyper
hunter

Postby crewchief252 » Thu Oct 25, 2007 9:10 pm

striperhyper wrote:Hey chief do you hunt outt of you boat the way it is with no blind?

No, up at the gap, i'm hunting off the ground on a small island, out on the bay i hunt from the boat with a blind set up on it
crewchief252
Forum & State Moderator

Postby striperhyper » Thu Oct 25, 2007 9:20 pm

Okay..Nice setup you got there.Im putting the blind on tomarow night on my boat and heading out to see if i can get my 1st wood duck.Gona head out to the mills.Hopefully with the boat i can get far away from the shor hunters.
striperhyper
hunter

Postby njplotts » Fri Oct 26, 2007 2:42 am

here's my style camo with grass
njplotts
hunter

Postby jimbop2 » Fri Oct 26, 2007 5:57 am

crewchief, is that all you use is camo "burlap"? How do you set it up on your boat like that?
jimbop2
hunter

Return to New Jersey Duck Hunting