Duck Hunting Forum banner

Recommendations for boat style

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  TheWanderer 
#1 ·
Getting more and more into sea duck hunting and want to be able to do it more often so...

I currently have an 18 foot welded crestliner that is pretty much a jon boat style (slight mod V that goes into a mostly flat bottom boat) and I can only get out on the Delaware bay when its calm or maybe 1 foot waves. I don't feel like betting if its gets worse than that and forget the ocean.

I'd like to get out more often as the bay is often 2-3 feet. A true sea duck boat would be cool, but the prices of them are generally not and its likely I'll want to do some fishing in it and perhaps tour a little with my family in the summer.

What are your recommendations and opinions on what I should be looking for?

#2 ·
have 18ft. McKee, painted marsh grass w140hp evinrude less than 200hrs. on motor. Leaving nj moving to Pa. to help w care of mom who's 85. trailer 6yr. old roller. Would like to see boat go to a waterfowler, not familiar w McKee craft? Like a boston whaler maybe tougher. Will sacrifice for $3500.00 or BO. If this sparks you call me Mark 908-917-4619

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.