Recommendations for boat style

A state with an abundant amount of waterfowl. Share with others your New Jersey duck hunting experiences.

Moderators: crewchief252, johnboy07

Recommendations for boat style

Postby TheWanderer » Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:05 pm

Getting more and more into sea duck hunting and want to be able to do it more often so...

I currently have an 18 foot welded crestliner that is pretty much a jon boat style (slight mod V that goes into a mostly flat bottom boat) and I can only get out on the Delaware bay when its calm or maybe 1 foot waves. I don't feel like betting if its gets worse than that and forget the ocean.

I'd like to get out more often as the bay is often 2-3 feet. A true sea duck boat would be cool, but the prices of them are generally not and its likely I'll want to do some fishing in it and perhaps tour a little with my family in the summer.

What are your recommendations and opinions on what I should be looking for?
Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted
TheWanderer
hunter

Re: Recommendations for boat style

Postby got2loveit » Fri Apr 04, 2014 6:32 pm

have 18ft. McKee, painted marsh grass w140hp evinrude less than 200hrs. on motor. Leaving nj moving to Pa. to help w care of mom who's 85. trailer 6yr. old roller. Would like to see boat go to a waterfowler, not familiar w McKee craft? Like a boston whaler maybe tougher. Will sacrifice for $3500.00 or BO. If this sparks you call me Mark 908-917-4619
got2loveit
Newb

Re: Recommendations for boat style

Postby TheWanderer » Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:10 pm

I'm interested. Can call tomorrow. Do u already have an ad up where I could see any pictures? Any more info such as model year and name and any negatives about the boat?
Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted
TheWanderer
hunter

Return to New Jersey Duck Hunting