morning wood duck

A state with an abundant amount of waterfowl. Share with others your New Jersey duck hunting experiences.

Moderators: crewchief252, johnboy07

morning wood duck

Postby stevez » Wed Oct 31, 2007 5:50 pm

Pleased to say I finally took a drake wood duck in full color this year. Should've had my 2 bird limit but....ummm...my gun barrel probably had mud or something in it that caused me to shoot way behind the birds all morning.

Did see an awesome shooting star though. Anyone else catch that?

stevez
hunter

Postby crewchief252 » Wed Oct 31, 2007 6:51 pm

they are beautiful birds , arent they? Tasty too, wierd about the shooting star, last week when i got mine, i saw one also that morning, may have even been a meteor, lots of flash and a long tail. Congrats on the drake, and :welcome: welcome aboard as moderator, now that your here, i'm going on vacation :lol:
Just once i would like to hear you scream in pain !....wanna hear me scream in pain? Play some rap music!
crewchief252
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Tack in NJ » Thu Nov 01, 2007 6:26 am

Nice bird all I have managed is a hen woodie and 2 juvie drakes so far.
Tack in NJ
hunter

Postby stevez » Thu Nov 01, 2007 1:31 pm

crewchief252 wrote:they are beautiful birds , arent they? Tasty too, wierd about the shooting star, last week when i got mine, i saw one also that morning, may have even been a meteor, lots of flash and a long tail. Congrats on the drake, and :welcome: welcome aboard as moderator, now that your here, i'm going on vacation :lol:

It's the first wood duck I ever got with as much color. I froze it in case I ever get enough extra money to have it mounted...don't be looking for the pictures of the mount anytime soon though.

My star also had a huge tail and sparkles. I thought it was a firework at first.

Sure go on vacation leave me with this unruly bunch....lol.
stevez
hunter

Postby stevez » Thu Nov 01, 2007 1:32 pm

Tack in NJ wrote:Nice bird all I have managed is a hen woodie and 2 juvie drakes so far.

Well maybe we can trade secret spots sometime.. :smile:
stevez
hunter

Return to New Jersey Duck Hunting