Summertime Downtime

A state with an abundant amount of waterfowl. Share with others your New Jersey duck hunting experiences.

Moderators: crewchief252, johnboy07

Summertime Downtime

Postby pvn6616 » Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:03 pm

Fellow DHC members and friends, I have hesitated contacting or posting any of my friends here my news as most of it has been toward the negative side. I will not be posting pictures and stories of my escapades hunting as in the past due to the fact that my sole reason was to share my adventures with my 88 yr old father, who passed away this past May. That was my drive to post all the pictures, and stories. I will however continue to invite and share my 'knowledge" w/ anyone who demonstrate safety and desire to participate in our sport.

As most of you know, we lost our home during Sandy and have yet to rebuild. That is about to change, and I look fwd to having a home again, but the cost has been exceedingly high. The stress of the past 2 yrs has caught up to me and I have had a pacemaker installed to help keep me alive. Hopefully it will assist me and not affect anything, however, my days of hunting alone may be shortened. I've always enjoyed hunting alone and cherished the fact that living 2 minutes from prime hunting allowed me to take advantage of the timing and conditions but my heart condition is serious enough to make me think twice. It won't stop me though as I know me, and when it's snowing and blowing out of the nor'east, I'll be launching the boat with Jack at my side. Some things never change...

I lost everything I owned in the flood material wise but recently purchased another bandsaw to replace the one lost to the storm and I am looking soooooooo forward to resuming carving when we finally move into our new home. Many other pieces are still missing, and in fact at this point I don't know what I still possess and what I've lost to the flood, yet I know I have almost everything used to carve, sand and paint decoys to replace.

I'm sorry to go on and on, as I know there are others out there who share my same burdens, but I thought that as a DHC member who has been posting every event w/ pictures and stories as well as sharing adventures with other members here, I thought I owed it to you to hear why I haven't been around and vocal as in the past. I don't intend on abandoning you but the adventures won't be posted as in the past.... :crying:
“The perils of duck hunting are great- especially for the duck” Walter Cronkite
pvn6616
hunter

Re: Summertime Downtime

Postby Krod » Tue Jul 15, 2014 5:37 pm

Sorry to hear about the loss of your father I for one always enjoyed your posts especially the ones about Snowgeese since I hunt the same areas you do I also want to say sorry for your loss from the storm hopefully you'll get back on track soon hope to keep reading your posts and someday talk to you in the field good luck with everything
Krod
Newb

Postby Wallew » Fri Jul 18, 2014 4:31 pm

As the last post stated. I too always enjoy your posts. I lurked on DHC for a few years before I joined and started posting. I've always enjoyed your posts because you were definetly one of the more regular contributors. Not enough people who read this forum add to it.

Sorry for the loss of your father. I can't even imagine what it is like to loose a parent.

As far as your current health condition goes I can appreciate that. I had open heart surgery when I was 18 months old. I have had a few issues over the years. All I can say is you have to keep on chugging along. If life gives you lemons make the best lemonade ever.

I hope you can find a way to keep posting, a lot of people read what you write.

If you would ever like some company so you don't have to hunt alone send me a pm, I hunt in the same general area as you quite a bit. I wouldn't mind seeing that dog of yours in action either. My current dog ended up being a great house pet but not so great of a hunting dog.
Wallew
hunter

Postby pvn6616 » Fri Jul 18, 2014 5:33 pm

That's what I'm talking about... I would love to get together with all of you. I'm getting older but I'm not dead yet, hopefully there is plenty of hunting ahead. I don't plan on quitting anytime soon, and look forward to sharing time with you guys. Keep in touch as the season nears and lets see if our schedules allow.

And who knows, maybe I will post a pic or two...
“The perils of duck hunting are great- especially for the duck” Walter Cronkite
pvn6616
hunter

Postby Tika270 » Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:42 pm

Sorry for your loss. Glad to see your still getting out there.
Hope all goes well for the up coming season.
Tika270
hunter

Postby duckhunter1959 » Sun Aug 03, 2014 3:00 pm

So sorry to hear about the loss of your father, I lost my father last November. It difinitely changes things!!
Hope you are feelling better
duckhunter1959
Newb

Postby dgram36 » Fri Aug 08, 2014 3:40 pm

Chin up Pete, seasons around the corner!
dgram36
hunter

Return to New Jersey Duck Hunting