Back bay hunting in Longport to Atlantic City

A state with an abundant amount of waterfowl. Share with others your New Jersey duck hunting experiences.

Moderators: crewchief252, johnboy07

Back bay hunting in Longport to Atlantic City

Postby Shoremen06 » Mon Dec 17, 2007 2:58 pm

Any one out there hunting skulls bay and lakes bay. I'm trying to shoot anything other than Brant and Buffleheads. Any news? And who has the posted area and the blind near the sand mounds. Adn help would be great. I'm new the the forum but have been in that area for three years with limited shooting on puddle ducks. :thumbsup:
Shoremen06
Newb

Postby dirtyj » Mon Dec 17, 2007 4:08 pm

Real tough water back there the further you get west. I have hunted a few spots around lakes bay and there are a ton of black ducks on the marsh but mostly brant and buffies toward the bigger water. I learned how shallow it was on a NW wind one night when I had to pole for more than a mile to find enough water. Have not hunted scull bay but it appears to be real shallow. If you watch your tides and wind I think it could be good, especially when things freeze up inland.

Don't know about the blind - do you mean the sand mounds behind Longport?
dirtyj
hunter

Postby shoremen44 » Mon Dec 17, 2007 7:01 pm

Whats up Biebs...
shoremen44
hunter

Postby waterfowl10 » Tue Dec 18, 2007 7:49 am

the only thing i have shot around there is brant and bufflehead as well. i know where you are talking about and there isnt any good puddle duck hunting around there. i only shoot the sea ducks. i have hunted sculls bay and it is not fun. i lost track of the tide and well you know the rest. but i think there isnt much activity for the puddlers in that area.
waterfowl10
hunter

Thanks

Postby Shoremen06 » Wed Dec 19, 2007 1:39 pm

Thanks, I know too well about the shallow waters. I've polled out of there myself.
Shoremen06
Newb

Return to New Jersey Duck Hunting